This Disappears When Logged In

Mouse Bite= HELP!

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by briana1399, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1melissa3

1melissa3 Elite Member

Meat?? We've not done that here, but well, perhaps my kids slipped pepperoni in their cage when we first got them. I removed the one dead when I found it, but they had eaten part of it during the night. It was the sickest thing because all the ones that had been eating it died as well. Like I said, though, we've not had any others die since. We've switched stores, though, and I really am hoping to do away with them all together soon.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ferrets are carnivores. Their food is meat based.

3. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

When I first started keeping snakes I tried my hand at raising mice for feeders also. I came across the website:Mazuri Home and they have a vast selection of feeds for many different animals. They had a feed for mice that came in assorted sized bags that are scientifically made for the wellbeing of mice. You may want to check it out.

As far as the mice dying goes it could be that they had been so inbred that they just started dying out. Or, the one that died first had something wrong with it and the ones that ate him contracted it also and died.

4. 1melissa3

1melissa3 Elite Member

I feel so delayed!! I didn't know that about ferret food. . . I will look up the site, too. Thank you guys for being so kind! :) I am really hoping that the mice won't be here for long either. It will just be a matter of time before my husband comes around, I'm sure. Especially as we have to buy the rats. They are so much more aggressive and the one took after the snake, he had to rush in and kill it before it bit the snake, but he thinks it's a fluke. . .

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

no - the rats will fight for their life, and if the snake does not eat them first, they are smart enough to make an attempt on it's life. Rodents regularly injure and kill snakes in such a manner.

6. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

You have to convince your husband that it was not a fluke. The RTB that I had was a rescue and she had been bit numerous times. Another friend has a rescued ball that is blind in one eye - a mouse (not even a rat) took it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.