This Disappears When Logged In

More Florida Burm News!

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by Merlin, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Yep, I seen that on msnbc yesterday...pretty sad.

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

that is very sad and dissapointing!

4. Merlin

Yes and it gives the anti-herp groups just that much more ammo to use against us!

5. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Yet another reason herp owners get bad reputations.

6. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

well being a floridian and love snakes i cant see why people let them go but passing a law banding owning pythons?? can they really do that?

7. Merlin

They can and have in many places!
    Everytime you see a news article about a big snake getting loose or being found just gives them that much more reason to pass such laws. Its irresponsible people such as those who buy a baby "something" without regard for its future size or needs that is causing all these laws.

8. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

How about the irresponsible sellers who allow people to purchase these animals with no after thought about the ability of that person to care for the snake throughout it's life time. Bet they neglect to inform the buyer of size potential. When you have Burms for $39.95 and $59.95, impulse buys are something they count on, because they can sell the ad ons. You think they care about anything other than the $$$$$$?

How about the irresponsible breeders who mass produce cheap Burms or the importers who bring them in specifically for this market?

I am tired of non-native species establishing themselves in Florida, particularly South Florida. IMO, this has nothing to do with preventing people from owning them, but trying to control the "wild" populations by the most feasible and enforceable means.

Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.