This Disappears When Logged In

More Babies Changing Color

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Jan 15, 2012.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

It is. Although they are not very interactive pets like dogs, I still get a great deal of enjoyment out of seeing their development especially since I held each one in my hand and named them shortly after hatching, then put into their individual boxes. I also spent a lot of time and hard work getting most of them to feed.
    So yes, I feel VERY connected to them ... and they really do have such different characters/"person"alities !!!
    Thanks!! :)

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds like one proud "mama" to me!;)

3. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

4. BlackJack

Merlin, you bet I am! These little guys put me through the wringer as a first-time snake-mom, but they've all done so well and are so strong and healthy (and not nasty-tempered!), that I am proud.
    Martin found another potential buyer: he's coming over today or tomorrow to look at the babies. I wonder who he will choose?

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Best of luck with the potential buyer, let us know which one he chooses!

6. BlackJack

Michele: The new buyer chose Quark (Baby 11): s/he and Worf are the biggest of the clutch.
    400545574.jpg

btw: I also just added a new pic of Martok on page one of this thread, he's looking so pretty, I thought the guy would certainly take him. But I guess he wanted one that hadn't started to change yet.

Attached Files:

7. mld

All the babies are gorgeous!
    Quark looks like she just finished feeding with that big belly! I guess he will get to enjoy the color changes!

Martok is gorgeous!
    So how many are left for sale?

8. herphamlett

herphamlett New Member

He's stunning at every phase!

9. BlackJack

Michele: yes Quark had just eaten a 16g pinkie rat the night before the photo!
    We now have 4 left for sale: Jadzia Nr4, Ziyal Nr.6, Martok Nr.7 and Bashir Nr.9. (The numbers are the order in which they completely left the egg).
    There was a guy who wanted to buy four babies, so I told Martin he should write the guy and show him pics of the 4 we have left: 2 are changing color and 2 haven't started yet.

The next BIG question is: do we want to go through all of this again and breed Aeryn with Hoshi? :-"

10. mld

If you do breed again, would you let her incubate the eggs or use an incubator?

Wow, why would someone want all four, is that normal?

11. BlackJack

I would let her incubate the eggs -- it went so well with Lantash, but have the incubator set up and ready in case of problems.

I don't know why someone would want 4 from the same clutch. Maybe he just wants to increase his chances of getting one or more of a certain sex or he wants to breed siblings and doesn't care about the possible problems of in-breeding.

12. mld

That would not be good!:(

13. BlackJack

Hi again.
    I've added new pics of Bashir and Martok on the first page of this thread. (Check out Bashir's swimming pic!)

Here are the last two: Baby 4 (Jadzia) and Baby 6 (Ziyal) -- neither one have started any noticeable changes yet:

Jadzia 21 January 2012:
    400624517.jpg

Ziyal 23 January 2012: She has developed a couple of raised white spots along her spine, but that's all so far:
    400650872.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Attached Files:

14. mld

Beautiful, looks like Ziyal is giving the evil eye! :D
    edit;
    Great bath time photos!

15. BlackJack

I have that feeling with Ziyal a lot!
    evil eye o:)

16. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

maybe its just me but I can't see the swimming picture

17. BlackJack

It's on page 1 of this thread: there's a post with photos of Odo, then further down one with photos of Bashir and then one about Martok. The swimming photo is in Bashir's post.
    I've been adding the photos there, so that people can see the whole color change on one page. Sorry for the confusion!