This Disappears When Logged In

Monty Python - Burmese Update

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by AjaMichelle, Jan 24, 2013.

1. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Hello!

So I began feeding Monty larger meals and he's just broken 80 pounds! He just came out of shed, and was nice enough to pee today while I was doing all of my enclosure maintenance, so I took some photos. :)

P1230170_zps60f8d8ad.jpg

P1230172_zps8e3c86bb.jpg

P1230173_zpsd5db3d3a.jpg

Ah! Nothing better than a clean enclosure!
    P1230190_zpsc05dceae.jpg

P1230175_zps4fb45f7a.jpg

P1230176_zps7438dbf6.jpg

P1230179_zpsde28b22c.jpg

P1230188_zps4e5b45b5.jpg

P1230184_zps33048e55.jpg

Attached Files:

2. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Handsome! How are you heating that big ol enclosure of his? Just curious.

3. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Thanks! :) I'm using a radiant heat panel regulated by a thermostat. :)

4. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Yay Monty. He's awesome aja :). I just want to cuddle him lol

5. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

He is so cute. How long is he?

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

He's looking very well!! That's one healthy looking boy Aja, he's come a long way with your care congrats!

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

He looks amazing Aja!! I love seeing pics of Monty :) 80lbs wow! Thats a workout now :)

8. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Thanks! He's a handsome handful ;) He's 15 feet.

Thanks Joey! :)

Thanks! :) Oh man you have no idea! I had a new years eve party and folks wanted to hold him so I took him out and spent like an hour basically maneuvering him to make sure he was being handled carefully and safely and I was actually sore the next day. He's so heavy, I almost can't lift him on my own.

9. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Wish I had room for a Burm again. Thats prolly the only thing I miss from growing up in Florida.

10. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Looking good Aja (Monty too,lol)! They are just sooo cute at that size...so...huggable!! Have you decided to keep him afterall?

11. Ripkabird98

Ripkabird98 Elite Member

I. Want. Him.

Lucky duck!

12. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Is that parchment paper in his cage?

13. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Thanks! I can't tell you how relieved I am to finally be rid of that awful skin irritation he had. I don't know if I told you, but I had been blaming myself because I was sick and couldn't clean up his poop but I've determined that I wasn't actually to blame! He had scale rot when I got him and I was managing it and doing my best to cure it, but the Nolvasan (chlorhexidine) was irritating it and keeping him from healing.

He's still technically available for adoption if I meet the right person, but I've put too much money, heart ache, and tears into his rehabilitation to just sell him to a stranger. :) So he's going to remain my big old snakey guy until further notice. I'm actually getting ready to build him a different and more effective enclosure!

I realized today that he's at least 19 years old! We'll be entering our third year together in May! :)

Thanks! Large constrictors are definitely amazing! But they don't make very good captives. :)

It is! Monty has really sensitive skin and can't be kept on tile alone. The parchment paper helps me control messes and keep him cleaner. It's unwaxed. :)

14. David McConley

Really makes me wish I was closer...or there was not a ban on state to state shipping of large constrictors. I would LOVE to have that big boy!

15. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

I would totally give him to you, without a second thought. :) Who knows, I'm going to have to move for graduate school and I can't just leave him here. ;)

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Well... Road trip anyone?

17. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

You need to move to Minnesota! I need a local reptile friend lol

18. David McConley

Everybody...come on down to North Carolina!!! We can TOTALLY TAKE THIS STATE OVER!! Anyone for the overturned python ban in the free state of North Carolina???

19. fpstang

fpstang New Member

Beautiful Burmese have one just like it but a little smaller very nice looks very well taken care of and tame too :)

20. Turner

Turner Elite Member

Holy cow he's huge!!! I give you props on being able to handle him. He's about the same weight as me, I only weigh 108, but he has almost 10 feet on me though so he wins there haha. He's beautiful. If I wasn't terrified of snakes that big I'd totally get one. It's sad but I have a hatchling corn snake that makes me nervous haha. To the point I make my husband get her out of her tank because I can't do it.