This Disappears When Logged In

Monty, Post Shed

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by AjaMichelle, Jun 13, 2012.

1. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

So I've been combating a mystery skin affliction since February and I think it's FINALLY gone!!!

February:
    http://www.herpcenter.com/burmese-pythons/40073-kind-graphic-im-very-upset.html

After Shed One:
    http://www.herpcenter.com/burmese-pythons/40824-pics-montys-recovery.html

May:
    http://www.herpcenter.com/burmese-pythons/41445-mysterious-skin-affliction-back.html

This is the second shed since this issue appeared. And he looks better than ever. He just finished shedding yesterday so I immediately cleaned his enclosure and soaked him in betadine.

This was at least a pound of poop, and his perfect shed. Not too much of a mess this time.
    4e9602ea.jpg

This is his vent after his shed in March. You can see his vent is still irritated.
    P3270005.jpg

This is his vent yesterday! Perfect! There's a pink tinge, but he always has this after he sheds. It'll be gone in a few days.
    P6120327_02.jpg

P6120326.jpg

His lateral scales are all healed.
    P6120323_03.jpg

A little blurry, but his central ventral scales are all healed.
    P6120324.jpg

Monty reacts to head toweling the same way my dog does. He seems to enjoy it.
    P6120322.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks so much better! Happy Dance :)

Now that's a big poop, are you sure you don't have a horse in there? lol

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

4. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

LOL too cool i have a python named monty too! beautiful snake you have there :)

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

That`s great to hear, I hope he stays healthy now!

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats on his recovering soo well and perfect shed! He's in good hands, I have a lot of respect for how you take care of him! Good job Aja! :)

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

He looks great Aja!

8. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Thanks!
    ha ha Right? :)

Thanks! :)

It is a popular name! I didn't name him though :) What species is your Monty? Thanks! I think he's beautiful too!

Thanks!

thanks! :)

9. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

I fed him immediately the next day!

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

Eating without limbs is HARD!!!
    IMG_0317.jpg

Attached Files:

10. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

Wow! That is amazing.

11. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Wow! Thats one happy burm!

12. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Amazing photos Aja!

13. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

He was so surprised! He had no idea he was getting fed lol :)

14. JigSaw

JigSaw Member

he is gorgeous, how old is he?? how long is he ? his weight ?? I am curious, Thanks

15. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

He's 15 to 20 years old. :) I'm his third owner but this is his forever home. Right now he weighs about 70 pounds. He's still a little underweight. He came to me weighing 23 pounds about a year ago. He's 15 feet and as sweet as he can be. :)

16. JigSaw

JigSaw Member

very nice snake, 23 LBS for such long snake is animal cruelty... The burmese is on my wishlist but the only problem are the costs and the enclosure size, when i buy a burmese i dont know which is more beautiful the albino or normal(i like those which are lighter in colours) cuz i don't think i will buy both:) .. I hope Monty a long life :D ... if you use Yahoo Messeger / Skype add my ID: calynutzu_4u

17. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

His last owner definitely loved him a lot. He just fell on hard times and Monty ended up spending about 8 months in a 30 gallon sterilite container. Honestly, albino morphs of any snake species are going to be harder to take care of. They have much more sensitive skin. :(

If you're serious about a Burmese, or any large constrictor for that matter, you had better act quickly. They're being outlawsd left and right.

18. JigSaw

JigSaw Member

in EU i think it's not a problem because we dont have exotic reptiles released in the wild such in Forida, I am only almost 19 years old(16th July) and I am living with my family, first of all let them use to the size of and adult female boa and then i will see what i do, i didn't find a lot of the color pattern of adult burmese(i think like all snakes they tend to darken in colours and i think they won't be so beautiful like in the first couple of years as they grow) that's why i think i will buy an albino
    i like these color patters
    burmese_python.jpg
    PICT5068.jpg
    and the caramel albino
    1256946749_caramel%20female%20June%2009_0043.JPG
    1290118389_caramel%20female%20June%2009_0087.JPG
    5294063.jpg

not these ones
    ASUPERSNAKE_P1.jpg
    0.jpg

if you cross albino x normal = 50% normal het albino but they will have lighten colours like this python ?
    5294063.jpg

Attached Files:

19. JigSaw

JigSaw Member

sorry for post but i couldn't EDIT
    EDIT: 100% Normal Het albino are little bit ligher like that in the picture above, TY