This Disappears When Logged In

Monster Reticulated Python

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by boaterr, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boaterr

boaterr Well-Known Member

This is French Fry my largest snake, I meant to post some pics of her awhile ago. She is around 17 feet. She ate a 12 pound rabbit 1 day ago, she urinated all over her cage so I let her out so I could give her enclosure a good scrub down.

P1000709.jpg
    P1000707.jpg
    P1000726.jpg
    P1000724.jpg

Attached Files:

2. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Re: Giant Reticulated Python

Wow!! So big and pretty! It's fun to see her all over your house just taking a stroll! LOL! Well I guess it would be a little harder to lose a snake that big in your house.. though I know snakes can achieve anything if they try hard enough to get lost!

3. warneri

warneri Elite Member

wow shes huge! those are vision cages right? what models are in the first two pics?

4. boaterr

boaterr Well-Known Member

Thanks. They are the 632 model Vision Cages.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Re: Giant Reticulated Python

Not much chance of her going down between the cushions of the sofa!

6. KristenNC

KristenNC Elite Member

Just awesome. I'd love to see her close up. She's a beauty.

7. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

To me that's just too big and scary of a snake,lol. Call me a chicken. :p

8. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice looking snake, Thanks for sharing the photos:)
    (and BTW, I am quite happy admiring your pictures from AFAR. Becuase as beautiful as she is, she is DEFINITELY larger than anything I would ever own....lol.)..

9. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

She is very pretty. Can I pet her?o:)

10. xViLLaiN

xViLLaiN Banned User

Great pics! It's insane how large these guys/gals can get, great looking snake!

11. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I love her! She's gorgeous.

12. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

Beautiful! I love giant snakes but I don't think I could handle one that large. She's gorgeous though!

13. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I noticed this thread is a couple of months old...out of curiousity, are retics as intelligent as I hear? I hear that they really are great snakes if you earn their trust.

14. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

That is definitely true (most of the people mentoring me in large constrictors keep retics).

15. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Actually the thread is from 2011!
    As for their temperment.
    There was a vendor at the show this weekend with a retic 7-8 ft long, that he was carrying around and it was just as calm as it could be.
    Of course he was using the usual cautions that any of us would do with regard to handling.

16. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Thanks Merlin, I must have been a bit stupid lately. I am now working in a day care... we had graduation for the 4 year olds and I was working some killer off the clock overtime so I can believe I actually posted on an antiquated thread. My deepest apologies for the mistake.

Also, thanks for the information on the 'tics temperments. I had heard much the same, but I just tend to want a lot of reassurance if I plan on getting a giant snake. Storing the thoughts for a rainy day when I can talk, wheedle, cajole or beg the wife into letting me get one.

17. Horse

Horse Active Member

THAT IS HUGE!!!!!! I used to have a Burmese Short Tail and now I got a Red Tail Boa(with my moms help....), and a Ball Python

18. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

Beautiful animal I love retics I blame bob Clark and jay brewer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.