This Disappears When Logged In

Monitor Enclosure

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by Jennyfer, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Jennyfer

Jennyfer Active Member

Ok took longer then I thought but we are just about done.. Just need to get it in and set it up... I am looking good for a male savannahs about the same size as her. This thing is huge and I wanna get her a friend.. If anyone needs to re home a male in Florida Tampa area please let me know. Thank you you

2. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Jennyfer, have you thought about what you would do if the two don't end up getting along? Would you flip the animal or would you build another enclosure of equal size?

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, there`s no point in looking for a male until you know you definitely have a female, there`s practically no chance of two males getting along without some serious domination issues at times.

4. Jennyfer

Jennyfer Active Member

No sir to either question.. I was planning on having the seller come to my house and place them both in the enclosure still the same time and watch their behavior. If they did not get along I would not buy the 2nd monitor.

5. Jennyfer

Jennyfer Active Member

I am pretty certain that she is a female just on her behavior and head shape and vent. I have done a lot of reading on it

6. Vers

Vers Elite Member

This is really a flawed experiment. They can seem fine together after a short period of time, but that may not last very long. If you keep any animals that do not live in pairs or groups in the wild a backup plan is always recommended and to my knowledge these animals are not social by nature. What would you do if one or both went off the deep end?

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, what`s the monitor`s SV length just now?

8. Jennyfer

Jennyfer Active Member

she is about 8-9 inches (s to v)

9. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

That's unfortunately one of the downsides of the larger monitors. You need a separate space for both.
    Even if you had a male/female pair there could come a time when they need to be separated.

10. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

The females can become sexually mature at a ToL of 26cm (10.5inches), so your monitor could already be mature at this time.
    What is it about the animal`s behaviour that makes you think female?

11. Jennyfer

Jennyfer Active Member

More pics

Attached Files:

12. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Hard to tell from the camera. But those look more like spotlights than floodlights. Just that they should create one basking area rather than 3 individual ones.
    Also if you could paint the interior white you would have a brighter interior. Monitors absolutely love lots of light.

13. Jennyfer

Jennyfer Active Member

They are flood lights...