This Disappears When Logged In

Mites

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by shawnrg86, Jan 31, 2013.

1. shawnrg86

shawnrg86 New Member

hi i have had my clumbian ranbow boa for about a year and a hafe now and i just cant seem to get rid of the mites. dose anyone know what to do? i went to a vet and got some meds but it worked for a while and now they are back agen. i use repta bark and keep a hight humidity. he is in a 40 breeder with a zoomed basking light and a red heat night light. i have gages on the back wall with temp and humidity. i feed frozen mice.

2. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Hello, I would ditch the bark. Paper towels hold humidity well (though I'm not up to par on the needs of these snakes). You should Sanatize the enclosure with bleach-all decorations and dishes need to be cleaned/baked to get rid of any mites. Also are you talking about the little circle dials that measure temp and humidity? Those are horrible and can be wrong up to 10-15 degrees. You should get a probe-or infered temp measuring gun. Both can be found at your neighborhood Walmart/homedepot type store.

3. shawnrg86

shawnrg86 New Member

what do u bake everything at i had a problem not that long ago and i thought i got rid of it and i baked everything at 250 for about 30 min and bleech everything but idk what happen and now thay r back.

4. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I bake my wooden furniture at 250-300 for 30-40 minutes sometimes an hour or so depending on the size-and I've never had problems. But be sure to keep changing out the bedding-I'm sure the mites love that reptibark.

5. shawnrg86

shawnrg86 New Member

yah i am not shere when i talked to my vet he said that he hired more with the aspen bedding but my python dose not have mites. and he is just on the other side of the room. i gess i will re bleach and bake evrything and see if i can get ride of them

6. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

It's really hard to understand what you're typing!

7. shawnrg86

shawnrg86 New Member

sorry! my vet said that the aspen bedding is what he thought was going to hold the mites more then the bark. my ball python has the aspen bedding and he is ok no mites and he is like 10 feet away.