This Disappears When Logged In

Mite Disinfectant Question

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by Katsura, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Hey guys!!

Just had another question, sorry if I'm spamming you all. I bought a plastic tree from PetSmart for my two ball pythons a while ago, and my one ball Jere is a rascal and loved to tip it over late at night, which put it in the perfect position for her to sit and watch tv. It got kinda annoying and I was worried for the safety of my girls, so I put sand into the tree to give it some weight.

Well, we had a mite scare a few weeks ago, and the tree as well as the vines we had in the cage came out. We did the usual routine for their cages and hides and water dish. I'm completely certain that there's no more mites in or around the cage anymore and I would love to put their accessories back in. The only issue is that I didn't disinfect the tree, because of the sand.

And I was thinking I could soak it in a bleach/water solution, but the tree has small holes in some of the branches where we put the sand in. And if I just plop it in the solution, it's going to get the sand, and it'll take forever to air out and I don't want those fumes in with my darlings. So then I was thinking I could just plug or seal off the holes, but that's a problem also because I can't for the life of me figure out what to plug them with.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

3. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Silicone caulking will seal it up.