This Disappears When Logged In

Miss Piggy

Discussion in 'Hognose Snakes' started by Kernel, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Being that I'm the reason this sub-forum was created, I thought I should get it going.

Here are some pics from when I got her in October to now.

October 2 (when I got her)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

November 5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

November 28

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow is feeding day, so I will add another set of pics tomorrow.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

What a beauty she is, its great that she is a good feeder!
    Is she a Western Hognose?
    Maybe one day, I will have one, once the hubby goes into a nursing home >:) lol

3. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Good feeder? She hasn't missed a single meal and when she's done, she's looking for more!
    Yes, she's a het albino western hognose.
    It's really a bummer that you can't have snakes.

4. mld

I'm always working on that one o:)

5. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Just tell him if he won't let you get a small snake then your going to get one big enough to eat him >:)

6. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Maybe we could all sign a petition that says how since you're a moderator on a herp forum and you give people advice, you should have firsthand experience keeping at least one (or three, or ten), so you HAVE to get a snake. Kernel could supply photos of Miss Piggy because she's so darn cute and little.

7. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Aw, she's gorgeous! I've been thinking about hogs for a few years now, but I can't decide for sure. By that I mean, if they manage to bite you enough to envenomate, are they on the same spectrum as say, tarantulas or something else? I personally have no worries about being bit, but I would need to explain to my hubby and housemates that they are not going to harm anyone (with kids around and all, I just need to know what I am talking about before bringing it up, lol). They sure are gorgeous though!

8. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Consider it signed, lol. Thanks, I got her because she's so darn cute.

Thanks! The only way one could envenomate is if you LET one chew on your finger or something. The longer you let it chew, the worse the envenomation. Generally, it would just cause some swelling and itching at the site of the bite, unless you had a allergic reaction.

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Miss Piggy has to be one of the cutest snakes out there!! I love her face :) I defintaly have a hognose on my to buy list :)

10. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Her face is the reason I got her. I intended for her to just be a pet, but now I want to breed her in a few years. To make it even better, she's het albino and I got her for the price of a normal cause the normals I was going to buy from the guy were stollen at the expo.

[​IMG]

11. mld

I think Western Hognose snakes are illegal to own in Canada, but I believe that Easterns and Southerns are fine! I'll have to freshen up my memory.

12. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Looking now I think there is a breeder in Nova Scotia that has some for sale.

13. mld

On Kijiji?

14. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

15. mld

16. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Western Hognose are banned in Alberta :(

17. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I have been trying to research it, but I just keep coming up empty. One of your links says it's the eastern and another says it's the western, so either it varies by province or both are illegal to own.

18. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I was feeding monday and while I was carrying her to the feeding box she smelled the mice thawing and grabbed my finger. It took me a minute to get her off, but I didn't have any kind of reaction or anything even though it left a paper cut like cut and tons of saliva. Anyway, here are some more pics of her. No bite bics though as there was nothing to see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

And the piglet instinct starts.....She looks amazing!!! Keep up the great work. I'm really glad to see she is taking mice for you; did she give you any problems?

20. mld

LOL, Miss Piggy is living up to her name!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.