This Disappears When Logged In

Minimalistic Leo Tank

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by Toadie78, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

I need some ideas PLEASE

Would it be ok to make hides using PVC pipe?
    any other ideas would be appreciated...

I have heat pad, thermometers, clamp lamp and all that stuff just need ideas to make decor n stuff while i save money.

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Check out my stuff

Hi Toadie 78
    I think PVC pipe would be OK. Before I made my own stuff, I just used tuppaware and cut holes in it.
    I've now made my hides and "terrarium furniture" out of construction foam. You can see my thread under "tropical" for info on how I did it etc. Mine are sturdy, washable and lightweight.

What sort of animal do you need it for? How big? Maybe I could make something for you and send it. I had a lot of fun making mine (except when I sliced my thumb open with a carpet knife!). Send me a PM if you're interested and we can "talk" about it.

3. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

well im making it for 2 leopard geckos, I have a 20 gallon long "reptile" tank. I saw your thread looks good. check your pms Do you have AIM, MSN or Yahoo messenger?

4. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

When using PVC make sure to use the quality that is used for drinking water, or something to that extent. It will have a certain code or seal (NSF i believe), that states that it is safe for drinking from.

5. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

Im not going to use the pvc pipe but thanks for the advice chronicfatigue ill try to remember that...

6. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

No prob, thanks for asking :)

7. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I don't have any idea what "AIM, MSN or Yahoo messenger" are! :confused:
    My private e-mail is: adannegger@animalart.ch or you can send PMs here.
    Let me know if I can be of any more help with your decor!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.