This Disappears When Logged In

Milksnake ID

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by BrianS, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

The local pet shop has this gorgeous Milk. Not sure which one it is though. Any of you have any ideas?
    [​IMG]

2. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Looks like a red mexican milk, very nice, are you going to buy him lol :D CLICK HERE

3. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yeah, I'd say a mexican milk too (Lampropeltis triangulum annulata). Along with honduran milks, they're pretty common milk snakes for pet stores. Interesting fact: milks are all a species of kingsnake, and the many different types of milks are all just subspecies of the one species (Lampropeltis triangulatum) ;)

4. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

Could it be a Sinaloan Milk? I was looking at some pics of them and they look very similar. I can't tell.
    Anyway is it worth $60? I admit that I would like to have it. It is gorgeous. It is already taking f/t pinkies unlike my Cal King.

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

D'oh! Kinda forgot about those guys. Havent seen one in a long time. I think you may be right there Brian. They are very similar to mexicans, but the red is deeper, and there's a greater distance between the seperate bands, which is more typical of the sinaloan. Your's doesn't have a yellow nose though, which most sinaloans do. Hmmmm. I still think you may be right though.

6. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I'd say Mexican also

7. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

gorgeous looking snake. :D does kind of look like a mexican.

8. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

The Sinaloan Milk looks more orange coloured to me, yours Brian, looks more of a deeper Red CLICK HERE

9. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

I have noticed one other thing. The one I'm thinking about getting lacks the white snout like the pictures you all have been showing.

10. Locklynn

Locklynn Elite Member

It looks just like my Sinaloan....

[​IMG]

11. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

Very beautiful snake Locklyn :)

12. Rocky's Dad

Rocky's Dad Elite Member

tiene leche?

13. defect

defect New Member