This Disappears When Logged In

Michigan Reptile Show?

Discussion in 'Shows and Expos' started by jshrad, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hello,

I know there is a show in Taylor, MI every month but I have never been to it. I plan on going to the next one, Jan. 14, but I am not sure what to expect. I heard this particular show isn't very good.

Can anyone tell me how that specific show is?

Oh well, at least there is a show in my area.

Thanks.

2. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Josh,
    I went to the show last month to get my reptiles. There were only about 12-15 vendors. I ask at the door if this was the usual size of the show and the lady said a couple of breeders weren't there. Many weren't willing to talk to you or answer questions. There wasn't a big variety and many of the breeders only and a few animals for sale. There was one nice BD breeder and a man selling corns who was willing to answer questions, (the corn breeder from Bowling Green OH even answered my e-mails). But that was about it. One breeder who had mice, rats, guinea pigs, rabbits had sick stock he was selling. I wasn't all that impressed, but it was the only game in town. I think there will be a Michigan Herp society show sometime in the spring, I keep checking their webpage for an update. Let me know what you think.

3. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I figured that its not that big. Well, its the only one around right now so Im still going to go check it out.

Please let me know if you find out anything about the Michigan Herp Society Show.

4. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

They still don't have this years calendar posted yet. But it looks like from last years calender it will be the 1st weekend in May in Grand Rapids, which is the other side of the state from me.
    http://www.michherp.org/main1.html

5. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hello,

Thanks. Im not sure if I will be attending that one, its well over 6 hours from me.

6. Mark

Mark Elite Member

So does Gibraltar have a monthly reptile show? I've been to other shows at Gibraltar and know that those have had a definite downhill slide over the last few years. But hey if you want junk like a black-velvet Nixon painting Gibraltar is the place to go.

7. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

I though Gibralters had reptile show also. I Checked out the website and went down to Mt. Clemens to take a look and all there was there was one pet store. With about 5 reptiles. Just checked their website again and nothing is listed.

8. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hello,

I've never heard of a show there, Ill keep my eyes open and see what I can find.

9. eatinmachine

eatinmachine New Member

I have had the opposite as some of you at that show. To me it was a lot better than the overcrowded ohio show in cleveland. They had very little variety and a lot of dealers and I was sold a sick snake but am not able to go back down to talk. I love the taylor show and have had all the guys answer all of my question I have. The mouse and rabbit guy in the back may not be the best but it is better than 2 dollars a pink at the pet shops. they have them 3 for a dollar. I like the dealers with the imports I have bought many reptiles from them with 100 percent success (except a sunbeam snake who I had for 5 months and put on spanish moss and died) but I have bought lots of others who are alive and good. Well I guess teh feeder lizards aren't but they aren't supposed to be. I think they have a great deal of variety there. I haven't been to any other shows than these two but I definitely love the taylor show. My friends do to and have had succes with all of their animals from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.