This Disappears When Logged In

Mice Breeding

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by model700, Nov 2, 2013.

1. model700

model700 Well-Known Member

I am looking into breeding a trio or 2 of mice. I want to make some food for my snakes and if its not enough, ill buy some and if too much, ill sell it. I am wondering though how to keep the smell down. I had a mouse in my garage for 2 days and the whole room was smelling. is their some air filter that is used or some kind of shortcut with the bedding ? I know its probably unavoidable but if you have any idea it would help alot

2. jarich

jarich Elite Member

What snake are you feeding? If possible, breed rats. Less smell, and they are much better. Mice are nasty, vile creatures.

3. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

I agree with jarich. No matter what i do, my breeder mice stink. As soon as you can get your snake on rats. When your snake can eat a hopper/ weaned mouse he can eat a rat pinky/fuzzy.

4. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

mice urine has high ammonia type compounds.. nasty stinky buggers. The cricket of the rodent world. I raised rats for my snakes way back when. Much better. whatever you choose do NOT use cedarwood bedding thinking it will keep it from smelling. the fumes from it hover in the same level as the rats/mice and will kill them off faster from respritory infections and it also leaches into the skin and then youre feeding it to your snakes. bad stuff. stick with newspaper pellets lol