This Disappears When Logged In

Megaray???

Discussion in 'Heating' started by justor, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justor

justor Elite Member

So apparently reptileuv has had their megaray 100 and 160 bulbs on backorder for quite a while now. I've been checking back every couple days, but they've been unavailable for several weeks now. They say there are "new and improved" megarays that will be available soon.

Does anybody know any details about that? like when they're expected to be in stock? If they're not in stock in two weeks i'll probably have to order something else... are there any good alternatives? how about the ZooMed Powersun?

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Check local petstores. Most of them carry the MegaRays and you'll likely find one with stock. ReptileUV is a supplier so keeping their dealers happy is what they must do first before selling to the public.

3. justor

justor Elite Member

hmmm... i'll give that a try. It's been a while since i've been to one of the local reptile stores, but I don't remember any of them ever having megarays. I'll do a thorough local search and hopefully i'll find some.

4. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

I have found that I can get more UVB output from a 10.0 tube than I can out of the more expensive Zoo Meds powersun MVB.

The tube has a reading of 147 and The Zoo Med pwer sun MVB has a reading of 115 at 6 inches away. My Mega Ray has a reading of 297 right now at 6 inches away.
    I too alway's thought they were the second on the market untill I started to use a UVB reader on them. Not so IMO anymore.

So when I am not able to have a Mega Ray it will be back to the tubes.

5. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Locked, check the date over 6 months old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.