This Disappears When Logged In

MegaRay on Back Order?

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by TitoAndKatt, Jun 2, 2010.

1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Has anyone else ever ordered a MegaRay on back order? How long does it typically take for them to come Off of back order, and if you order while they are on back order how long does it take typically to get the bulb? Anyone have any experience with this?

2. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I don't believe that there will be any one answer on this. It depends on the store and how often they get shipments and how fast their delivery is. It varys from company to company.

I have some shipping experience from the companies that I have worked for and there are no gauranteed numbers but most companies ship at least once a week to the distributors. Then it depends on what shipping method that you paid for, overnight, second day air, snailmail, Etc..

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

4. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

I order self Ballasted bulbs 160 Watt US voltage. They are on back order. Maybe I should just buy one now and wait to get it instead of waiting for them to not be on back order. I was just hoping someone here had had experience with the MegaRay company (Reptile UV) specifically.

5. MikeTheMonkeyMan

MikeTheMonkeyMan Active Member

I am also waiting on a megaray 100w from reptileuv, have been for about a month, but looks like I should see it soon :)

6. UromastyxBoy

UromastyxBoy Elite Member

it took me a month about, for some reason they come very slowly, but then again something that good is worth waiting for

7. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

I spoke to John Wolff from reptile uv yesterday. He told me that Westron, the company that makes the light's, is a little behind on them right now and that they should be receiving them by the middle of the month. Then when reptile uv receives them they have to test them for quality then they will ship them out. You can still place your order and you'll probably have your light around the middle to end of June.

8. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I avoid the "back order panic" by ordering 2 lights at a time and once I put the second bulb into use I order 2 more just to be safe. I've never paid attention to how long it's taken them to come in though.

9. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Hmmmm a month? Thanks guys! I will have to put in an order when I get my next paycheck. I can't really afford to order 2 at a time lol Just one is good. I am not too concerned. Tito is overdue for a new light, but I don't plan on putting the new one in until I move her to the new cage anyways (which will hopefully be soon if I can find someone with a power saw) because then everything will be fresh, new, and ready. :)

10. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

Don't you worry about the 6 months guarantee or have you never had to use it?

11. Sparrowlord

Sparrowlord New Member

I have been trying to buy a replacement Mega Ray for almost 2 months now and they are STILL on back order... In the meantime I had to waste money on a 3 month old Repti Sun bulb. I really don't like it. It runs hot and I always worry about our Iggie getting burned. I really hope they get some in soon. 2 months ago, when I asked, they said 2-3 weeks... I guess their weeks are longer than ours for some reason.

12. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

Sparrowlord, did you get your back order yer?

I just ordered a 100 watt SB on sunday, June 20, 2010 and I just received notice from UPS that my package is on the way with my tracking #.

I can say though that when I put my very first order in to them about 4 years ago, my order did get lost in a shuffle and I had to call the company. I actualy talked to Bob and he got things straightened out and then I got it. So I guess my point here is, If you ordered and still have not gotten it, keep on them untill you do. You will get it..

13. MikeTheMonkeyMan

MikeTheMonkeyMan Active Member

I finally recieved my megaray yesterday, after about 2 months, but I can already see it is well worth waiting for. My ig seems very happy with her new light. I had previously been using reptisun 10.0 with a spot and an incandescent, with the megaray i dont need the extra bulb, just it and another spot.

14. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

So I just wanted to tell you that I ordered a megaray, heat projector, halogen, temp gun, 2 48' 5000k tubes and have been waiting probably nearly a month and have had no word on any of it.

So I guess it must take quite a while.

15. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman Elite Member

The Megarays were on backorder but are now back in stock. I ordered two 100W SB bulbs about two months ago and just got them last week.

16. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Sweet! Thank you! And thanks to everyone else for their input as well. I have been reading along, just not commenting. ;)

Naturally them Finally being in stock would not line up with my paycheck. haha I am glad they are in stock now so that I don't have to worry about waiting an unknown time for back order. I bought new Calcium too - I am almost out! I forgot to wait to use my coupon for $2.00 off though :(

17. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

Come to find out today that my order was sent 1 day after I placed it and for some reason or another was sent back. Now I have to wait 13 more days until I get my stuff. I'm glad I don't need it in a hurry :). Guess you will wait as long as it takes for the best...what else can you do? I'm actually getting 1 100w sb bulb until the EB bulbs are back in stock then I have to send the 100w SB back when my EB gets here...it was cool of John to do that for me though. I already paid for the EB...

18. Jetbo

Jetbo Active Member

Would you mind telling me what you think of the helogen bulb? Do you think its any better then what you can buy from the hardware store?

19. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I think that this discussion should be moved to,- Reptile Forums > Herp Center > General Community > Product Questions

I'm not trying to be rude, But the Iguana forum keeps lighting up and when I come to see what's going on, It's still about these lights.
    Not really about Iguanas...

There are other sections on this site to discuss hardware and shipping problems.

Apologies in advance if I seem like a mean troll.

20. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

As these lights play an important part to proper husbandry for Iguanas, I feel that this is the proper place to ask about them. Many people don't pay any attention to the Product Thread unless they have a paticular question, so to get good feed back again I feel that Tittoandkat came to the right place as these were for their Iguana..

Just my 2 cents worth!