This Disappears When Logged In

Megaray Never Came!

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by injunjoe, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Dnm1012

Dnm1012 Elite Member

How far away from the basking spot did you put your bulb?

2. injunjoe

injunjoe Well-Known Member

The first spot is 16" and the next branch under that is about 26" with a branch in between those two that is somewhat vertical so he can choose the distance that is best for himself.

Yesterday he was looking so happy! he was looking around like he was seeing things for the first time.
    He has been pretty active all along, but he seems even more active with these new bulbs.

I wanted to change the title of this thread as not to bad mouth Reptile Uv. I do not feel they were doing me wrong but was just a mix up.
    I would also like to say I am very happy with the three products I got. Not to mention my lizard seems to like them too.

3. Dnm1012

Dnm1012 Elite Member

That's good. I am glad you and him are both happy with them!!

4. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

glad everything worked out for ya!

how so you like the heat projector? are they really cool to the touch?

im thinkin about ordering a few .

5. injunjoe

injunjoe Well-Known Member

Thanks. I like the heat projector. I did not touch it last night when it came on, but I will tonight!

What is nice is how it projects the heat and not just produce heat. This is very important in my setup as it is tall. His pond is almost six feet from the hood I made.

I am working over my ventilation system to get the temps just right. This Viv. is very well insulated. The walls are made from old hollow core doors with 3/4 " Styrofoam panels covered with about 4 coats of special mix of cement mix. Then 4 coats of Drylok latex waterproofing. Drylok is safe for ponds and such.
    So with this combination of layers and living in FL I need to cool it down if anything.

I post a few pics of it in the Viv. section. I will add some updated pictures of my jungle on wheels.