This Disappears When Logged In

Megaray Never Came!

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by injunjoe, Apr 2, 2010.

1. injunjoe

injunjoe Well-Known Member

I ordered bulbs from Reptile UV on Feb. 18 and paid in full yet I have got not a thing from them. When I call I get a line of BS that they will ship soon yet nothing! Live and learn I guess! Just another $100.00 down the drain!

2. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

That's strange. I just got a new bulb and it didn't work after a day, I called and I have to ship it back but they said they will ship another I usually do not get any problems at all. It's a good company and a great product. I have been using them for what like 3 years now? Hopefully you can get this settled. :)

3. Dnm1012

Dnm1012 Elite Member

Good to know I was fixing to place a $100 order with them to but now I am not sure if I want to risk it. Thanks for the info

4. Dnm1012

Dnm1012 Elite Member

One other to add to I do t really want to wait two months for something like that to ship. That's seems a bit weird..

5. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

i have been using megarays for a year or 2 now and never had an issue.

I'm yet to have a bulb blow yet(although my friend had 1 blow last week)

there are no pet stores in your area selling these???? Big Al's here sells them.

hopefully you get it sorted out

6. justpete

justpete Member

I purchased my Megaray lamps after reading all the recommendations on this forum. But I think they have a QC issue at the moment that's not meant to bash them in any way. Many people here have had great luck and speak highly of these lamps and I am trying to use them.

I have also had lamp failure. Three lamps in three months.
    One of the three was a replacement.

They do stand behind their product and have been very fast to respond to the problems and are quick to send out replacement lamps. I pay the shipping and so far that's $15.

All three have blown out the same way. I have purchased new timers and fixtures just to make sure it's not on my end. Powersun lamps are what I am using for my Ig for now until my new replacements show up.

7. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

I would risk it. It IS the best on the market and I have NEVER had an issue with their service. I had one go out on me with only 1 week left on the 6 month warranty and when I called they sent a new one out that very same day.

8. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

i ordered a mega ray and got it in 4 days. within 2 days by bearded dragon had eye problems (yes i had it at the proper distance) so i sent it back. After two days my account still wasnt credited and was told it was. So after going back and forth over about 10 emails asking them to check again, they finally did check and seen that they didnt credit my account and said "i thought we did i dont know what happened". No apology or anything. Personally i think they were trying to pull a fast one and i wont do business with them again.

9. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Bob wasn't trying to pull a fast one and that comment is ignorant. You can choose not to do business with them again, but don't slander them because you "think" something. I have known Bob for several years now and he isn't a swindler.
    They are going through some issues right now and things are chaotic. They are trying to replace the bulbs people purchased that were from the defective batch as well as fill new orders. ReptileUV checks each light before shipping. If a batch comes in and isn't producing proper UVB, it doesn't get sent out. (Don't confuse the UVB testing with the issues pertaining to the UVC.)

It drives me nuts when I see people like Geo posting who "think" or "assume" they know the facts about something and then post nonsense. They weren't trying to pull a fast one on you. I will put my name on that!

10. injunjoe

Ok I emailed John this morning and the bulbs are on there way!

I did not mean to come off as a jerk but it did not look like I was getting my bulbs.

I am glad to see they are on there way, I was concerned about my lizard. Even though I do have a UVB bulb in his enclosure it is not strong enough to penetrate very far down in my large setup.

11. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Wow Rich, a little hostile tonight? I didnt know that we got criticized and slandered on here for sharing an experience. i never said it was Bob, in fact i never dealt with Bob at all! I have all the emails and if you seen them you'd know for yourself too. I forgot to mention that i also contacted paypal. You dont know what was said and what happened, its not ignorant its what my experience was. I know a lot of you "worship" the mega ray and thats cool, my problem had to do with customer service. you have your opinion and i have mine. Im just telling you what my experience was. If you dont like it... oh well.

12. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

You didnt come off as a jerk at all, you have every right to know where the product you ordered and paid for is.

13. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I have a problem with that statement. "They" does include Bob because Bob owns ReptileUV and is part of their daily operations. I am not feeling hostile, I am reading what you wrote as it is written.

You "think" you were being swindled which is a complete joke. They weren't trying to pull a fast one on you. That type of comment is slanderous.

Things didn't go smoothly for you. That's fine and an understandable reason to perhaps not want to do business with them again. Calling them thieves though is ridiculous. (That is essentially what you are saying. They were trying to keep your money according to you.)

We don't "worship" the Mega Ray. Some of us have UV Meters and have tested various lights on the market. We have seen the results first hand of how the Mega Ray out performs the other lights.

Buy youself a UV Meter and test some lights. Once your done testing, come back and let us know which light your meter tells you to use. I will guarantee you will also be saying the mega ray.

14. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

"They" was used because I wasn't going to use any names and I won't. That's great that the lights are the best, I never said they weren't. AGAIN I was just talking about my customer service expreience! 10 emails, 3 never returned phone calls, stuck paying the return shipping on a product that didn't work properly, and no money returned in a week after someone was trying to tell you it was returned. Its enough to make anyone wonder what was going on. Now I'm done trying to justify my point to you because it really doesn't matter. Have a wonderful day and Happy Easter!

15. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

We talked to them on Thursday and yes we have to ship it back. But they will replace it, which is great. I can get bulbs at certain pet stores an hour away, but they cost over a hundred dollars now! This bulb is way cheaper. The other bulb is called the T-Rex Active UV bulb. I heard a rumor but I have no idea if it is true, that is the same bulb but a mega ray is way cheaper for me. :)

16. injunjoe

My bulbs came last night.
    My enclosure is super bright now and my lizard is looking very colorful. He even seems to be saying thank you to me when I look at him.

Now I just need to keep an eye on the temps. and adjust my thermostat to maintain the proper temp.
    I am using a hot water heater thermostat.
    It works well as I first made an incubator for hatching Quail and chicken eggs, that worked very well!

17. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

I took this quote from another thread because it says it all about a thermostat and an MV bulb...

18. injunjoe

I did not make myself clear there, I also ordered one of there heat projectors, which is on the thermostat.

The Mega Ray is on one timer and the halogen flood is on another timer.

19. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Ahhh, OK. It did seem that you were saying you were putting the megaray on the thermostat and I didn't want your bulb messing up before its time ;)

20. injunjoe

Thank you for your concern.