This Disappears When Logged In

Mega-ray

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by briana1399, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

I just ordered two "Mega-Ray SB 100 watt Self-Ballasted Flood UVB Lamp" and I was wondering...to those of you that have ordered off ReptileUV how quickly did your order come? Mine didn't give me a "your order will be there in __ to __ days." So I was just curious. Thanks!!!!!

2. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Mine took about 2 weeks to get them, BUT they were back ordered when I ordered them.
    And they went up in price right after I did! :p
    lol

3. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

LOL I ordered two and it was a total of 103.something. I hope I get them soon I'm so excited!!!!!!!

4. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

5. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

I think that it can hold a 150 watt maybe...I'm not sure. But I do have another question. So this mega-ray is produces heat and light. But bearded dragons have to sleep in the dark...so does that mean I have to have a ceramic heater on a night after I shut off the mega ray? I am confused with these. If any one knows what to do please tell me I am so lost!!!! Also in my boys cage I have a under tank heater should I keep or get rid of that so it isn't too hot? I read some of the question and answers but I don't think it is answering what I need. Thanks!!!! :):)

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

How cold does it get in the room at night?
    Your room temperature is going to affect the answer to the questions you asked.
    If the room is too cool at night than an alternate heat source will be needed.
    If you have your heaters hooked to a thermostat it will solve a lot of your concerns.

7. katie41586

katie41586 Elite Member

Each time I have ordered Mega Rays it takes about 2 to 2/1.5 weeks for them to come:(

However, I think you are asking if at night you should put your ceramic heat emitter on after you turn off your mega rays?

This depends on the temp of your room and your enclosure setup. My uros also have an Under the tank heater and I was worried they werent getting enough heat so I also bought them a ceramic heat emitter.

I wasn't happy with it. I didn't like that it was so exposed and it gets so hot but doesn't give off a lot of heat.

I stopped using it and cover my enclosure at night right after I turn off the lights so the heat stays in instead.

Hope that helped!

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I had all the same problems with CHE's, but other people have said they had better luck with them. I seem to have better luck with bulbs.

If you don't like CHE's they make night red bulbs that give off heat too.

9. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

The room gets pretty cold at night. I separated Moglee and Tydus today. I think it went well. Moglee is running all around his new cage :)

10. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

I have another question... I have three bearded dragons...2 regular (males) and one red (female) and I have a female red tailed boa. Since I ordered two of these I can't decide who to put them on. I think I want to put one on my snake. She is in a 55 gallon and just got over a respiratory infection ( I hope) So I think it would do her best. As for the dragons...I think Lily should be good she is in a 40 gallon tank and has a 150 watt ceramic heater...It stays hot in there. Basking is about 106. Tydus (male in a different 40 gallon) has ( I think) 150 watt heater and a under tank heater under a log under his ceramic heater. Moglee (in a 20 long the baby of them all) has a 100 watt heater since the cage is so small. Basking spot is a little over 110. So I kind of want to give it to Moglee because he is the least active (although is still active) and the tiniest I would like to see him perk up like everyone says the lights make thr reptiles do. So what is everyones suggestion?

11. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

In case I didn't mention next pay check I am ordering two more Mega-rays. And Lily has a big rock under her heater that stays very warm....but she seems to like the cool side of her cage.

12. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

You didn't say anything about UVB for the beardies...If they don't have any UVB, they need it immediately. I would put the MegaRays on them.

13. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Why would you put a UVB light on your boa? A boa doesn't need UVB. Your bearded dragons are the ones that are needing it more than your boa. Give it to the dragons who need it.

14. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

No sorry I have UVB on all of them...but it is the spiral one so it sucks. That's why I am getting the Mega-ray. Well the only reason I was going to give it to my boa is because it sounds like it produces a lot of heat so I thought that might help her. Well will it hurt her if I get a Mega-ray for her?

15. MoogleBass

No, it won't, but you would be wasting the UVB for nothing. If you want more heat there are other options.I am not sure on Mega-rays but don't they have just a heat lamp?

16. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

Huh? I'm confused

17. MoogleBass

It won't hurt your boa to give it a Mega ray, but to me it seems like a waste of a good UVB bulb on an animal that doesn't need it. If your wanting it for the heat, there are some other options to get the heat. I am not familiar with Mega Ray, so I do not know if they have just a heat light. Someone else may know though. Because to me you are getting a rather expensive bulb and only using half of it.

18. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Yes Mega Ray has heat lights. I'm not sure if they are back ordered or not

19. nrfitchett4

nrfitchett4 Guest

How about a regular incandescent light bulb??? (at least till the government bans them).

20. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

I will put the Mega-ray's on my Dragons...probably Moglee and Lily just because Tydus has more heat any everything for now. That and he is pretty active. I am excited to get these Mega-rays!!! Is the one that just puts out heat from Mega-ray the 60 watt one? Cause when you click on heat emitters that is all that comes up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.