This Disappears When Logged In

Mega Ray Mvb Question

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by jono, Mar 18, 2010.

1. jono

jono Elite Member

i ordered my mega ray last week, tues or wed i think it was. it was as soon as i noticed that they didnt have the "out of stock" message or whatever they say. i ordered the sb 160w flood. im excited to get it but... well i havent gotten any kind of emails from them, not even an order confirmation email. i know they are a busy busy company, but i just always get worried when i dont get any kind of confirmation from online retailers.. especially when they already have my money. i read somewhere that sometimes they can take up to a month to ship which is fine. but do they at least confirm that they recieved your order? i will email them tomorrrow if they dont make contact with me by the evening. has everyone had positive experiences with this company?
    thanks.

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You sent that site money!!!! He is going to run off with your money and you will never get your light!........ I am 100% kidding. The owner of Reptileuv.com is a friend of mine. Bob is a great guy and reptileuv is a great company. I am not certain if they send out notifications though. Its been awhile since I last ordered anything from them. You will get your light though. That is for certain. ;)

3. jono

jono Elite Member

haha thanks rich. i wasnt expecting to hear that they are scam artists or anything. i have heard nothing but good things about the company and their products, i just wanted to hear about individual experiences. i guess i have just become used to being informed and aware of the status of online orders from using amazon and similar sites. reputable sellers on amazon et al. send emails every step of the way.. payment recieved, order confirmation, order shipped and should arrive by this date, etc etc. lol also the reptile uv site doesnt have much to say about shipping, except that they use either usps priority or ups ground. no details on how long it takes them to get it shipped or anything. i understand that they are very busy though so things like that probably change often. but i guess i will just wait. im not expecting anything bad to come from this, i just like to be informed of whats going on with my online orders. i have high expectations for the mega ray since ive heard so much about it! lol

4. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

I agree with Rich, I have had nothing but good business with them. I had a bulb blow out for no apperant reason about 2 weeks before the 6 month warranty was up, I called and talked to them and they sent a new bulb out that day and just asked that I send the blown one back as soon as was convinient for me.

I don't remember if I recieved any notice before they sent the original. But if you are worried about it you can call and I'm sure they can send you an email invoice.

5. jono

jono Elite Member

yeah, i will probably just call or email them sometime tomorrow. im hoping they will say something like "check your doorstep, its already there." lol that would be optimal! but like i said i heard that sometimes they can take a long time to get an order out because of how busy they are. any truth to that? anyone recall how long it took from the time you ordered it to the time you recieved it?

6. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

I just got my 100w last week and was told by email that the 160's were out of stock even though it was still available to order on the site and i found that strange. Just a tip, their big fix on the bulb was a new spray to block the UVI. I have the 100w 18in from my bearded dragon and for some strange reason since i've been using that light he has been constantly closing his right eye. I dont know if the Mega Ray is the culprit but i took it out today to find out. The coating on the light seem very uneven in many places. we'll see what happens. I did get mine in 4 or 5 days and im in Chicago.

7. jono

jono Elite Member

thanks for the info, ill be sure to keep an eye on it when i get it in the enclosure. i was watching the site for about a week, and it said the 160s were out of stock. as soon as that message went away, i ordered. i have not gotten any kind of confirmation from them so maybe that is the issue? could it still be out of stock and somehow by mistake the message was no longer on the site? also another question.. i hear many people mentioning "burn in" time for mvbs. what exactly is this?

8. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

If the site didn't say "out of stock" then they have them, but, they test every bulb before it is shipped so sometimes it take a little bit before they go out. And as for the burning in I believe that people are refering to the few hours or so that the light is running "at temp" to heat the coating up and get the UVB to where it is a constant instead of fluctuating. (not positive on that tho)

9. jono

jono Elite Member

i had a very lazy weekend and did not get around to emailing or calling reptile uv. i will shoot them an email tonight. i still have not gotten any kind of confirmation email or notice of shipping from them though.

10. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

thats weird because they always send me an email back. according to their web site all the bulbs are in stock. i just shipped my mega ray back today. it messed up my beardies eyes in 3 days. he's fine now, i pulled the light before anything bad happned!

11. jono

jono Elite Member

i just emailed them..
    its kind of late so i wont be expecting any reply til tomorrow. i made the mistake of deleting the email from pay pal that had my receipt from the order in it, so hopefully there will be no disputes.

12. jono

jono Elite Member

Just got a reply from reptile uv. They said they are out of stock but expecting them to be in this week. They said they were "trying to get in touch with all of their customers about this, and apologize for missing me". This leads me to ask why they were not marked as out of stock or unavailable at the time i ordered..

13. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Because like any company, big or small, they want your order and your money. They probably expected to have their 160w bulb soon so they continued to take orders. Be thankful because hopefully you get a bulb with the new fixed glass not the "spray" fix like i got which i had to send back. not only am i going to get charged a restocking fee but i had to pay $10 to ship it back!

14. jono

jono Elite Member

That is a bummer. I have high expectations and hopes for this company and their product so hopefully what you are experiencing is just a bump in the road for them. Its so weird that they were out of stock because i ordered as soon as the unavailable/out of stock message was gone from the product page..

15. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Yea it was a bummer i was really looking forward to the almighty mega ray living up to the hype but it didnt for me but i hope u get a good one!

16. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The mega ray isn't "hyped". It is what everyone says it is. It is the best light on the market. I have a UV meter that can attest to that.

Mega ray had a batch of bad lights come in. It is just a bump in the road for them.People wouldn't be posting on every forum how great the lights are if there current issue was a normal thing.

You likely got missed with the email because they were dealing with the UVI issue and the customers it was affecting.

Geo, call Bob and let him know you are not happy about having to pay the shipping and the restocking fee on a defective light. He will likely wave the fees.

17. jono

jono Elite Member

I agree with what rich says. Odds are you can get the fees waived or get reimbersed. Any decent/reputable company would do this. I have seen the facts and read reviews on mega ray and believe that it is more than just hype. I am excited to get my mega ray, just a bit confused about the service/experience i am having with the company thus far. Why would they have taken down the out of stock/unavailable message if they still were not able to fill orders? Why wasnt i informed that they were out of stock sooner? I understand that they may have been busy with issues but that doesnt justify leaving some of their customers in the dark. but i still say it is just a bump in the road. And i was very happy with how quick they replied to my email, especially at such an odd hour.

18. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Hi Rich. I am in no way bashing Reptile UV. I'm sure their lights are great, hundreds of reviews can be wrong and I will probably try them again in the future when they get the new new glass in. I was suprised when they hurt my beardies eyes like they did because they said they fixed the bad bulbs with a spray. Its just my luck, last week I bought a CHE that didn't work the minute I put it in, lol. I will try and contact Bob and see if he can help. Thanks Rich

19. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

With the popularity of these bulbs, its likely that they did have them in stock when you looked. However in filling orders they just ran out.

20. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

I talked to John Wolff three weeks ago, and though you were able to order the160's online they had none in stock. They probably figured they were getting the very soon and continued to take orders on them.