This Disappears When Logged In

Meet Viper (:

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by ariesmommy, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

thank you so much :) i get paid tom....hopefully i can go and find some extra stuff with the igs home :) thanks alot

I have noticed that....i know im supposed to let him settle in but my inlaws came over and i just had to get him out :) my mother in law is terrified of Medusa lol so hilarious but shes fine with Aries (our worm Rosy Boa lol) :) anyways when i get him out and fix his bedding and water and stuff (cause he likes to move everything around)....he is very calm so he doesnt whip me with his tail today (yet) which ive learned how to support his body with one of my arms. when he starts crawling around my neck he will go up my arm and he will wrap his tail around my wrist. hes a whooooole lot stronger than medusa. ive never held a snake this big except for a snake that we had at the school when i was in the 2nd grade....im 20 years old and back then i think that was where my phobia started with snakes....they chose me to hold the head of this 20 foot long snake whatever it was. until this year probably around mayor something i was terrified of snakes....until Counttripula DROPPED morphine in my lap...(morph is her BP) i had no choice to pick her up bc of the dogs and everythig around her...so i got over my fear eventually and now im the proud owner of a Rosy Boa, Ball Python and now a Miami Phase Cornsnake :) i love them all

sorry this is so random....not feelin well all night and day so running on little bit of sleep :) sorry guys

2. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Your welcome. If you go with one of the ready made screen lids, make sure you clips for it as well.

3. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

i dont need clips :) i got bunjee cords lol :) i think thats how you spell bunjee lol i dont know. i need to go back to highschool...oh how easy life was. i shoulda listened to my mother ):
    we have clips on Aries' tank and yea...they aggrivate me and i know that he would be able to get out because he could push it up and get out of that little crack.

4. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Yes! This is so important, as I've made the mistake of not using those clips, both on my red tail and my blue tongue skink. Luckily they didn't do very far, and I've certainly learned my lesson.

5. CountTripula

CountTripula Elite Member

Athena and Liliana wrap their tails around my fingers. It happens every time we get them out. I think it's so cute.

6. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

agreed :) if i had of had you on the computer where you could see me again I would have showed you how he was in my hair....you would have thought it was hilarious....maybe he'll do it whenever you come over :) very sad you couldnt come over today ): theres always my next day off :)

7. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

That's strange... the clips have always worked great for me.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I like attaching strips of velcro myself!

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Beautiful snake! I use the peel and stick velcro from the dollar store, works great and for $3 I got enough to do 2 10 gal snake tanks and the 44gal Tokay gecko tank :)

10. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

that sounds like a good idea but see....im a redneck so yea we use what we got :) and the bunjee cords come in handy for many things lol. plus we have millions. you should see us driving almost an hour home from the grocery store. bags held on the back of the truck with bunjee cords and praying it doesnt rain. one time we got all the way home. not even 1/2 a mile away from home and it started pouring down rain lol. thats how my luck goes

Thank You! :) wow thats alot of velcro...i might go with yalls idea :) sounds like a good plan :)

11. Merlin

As an old school biker, bungee cords are the greatest invention since the napkin! :D

Actually what I do doesn't take that much velcro. Just a peice of the scratchy part on each corner of the lid and on the corner of the tank. Then the softer peice attaches to the velcro on the top and goes over the edge and hooks to the peice on the side of the tank.
    Like this
    DSC01313.jpg
    DSC01314.jpg
    DSC01315.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I have the same tank and lid 10 gal with a mesh lid from petsmart right? lol. I put a piece of peel and stick on each short end, it's just enough to hold the lid on. The Tokays have a fish tank lid that I cut a section out to add some mesh so it doesnt sit tight on the tank and I really do not want escaping crickets or tokays lol.
    This is what I did with the snake tanks, I had the clips but they fly away when you take them off lol
    001-20.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Once again, I have never had problems with the clips and I have both designs.

14. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

Thank You Merlin and Wyldrose. I shall try the velcro :) looks so much easier.

15. Merlin

With the straps fastened I can pick up the tank by the lid!
    And it held a 4 ft boa!

16. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

holy cow!!!! thats some good velcro :) thanks again :)

17. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

I must say I'm a little late to say this but he is gorgeous!!! I'm completely jealous and am currently convincing my hubby that we need another snake! lol

18. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So I found out last night that my method left a small hole in the corner and Loki got out(Lukcy she didnt go far), I now have my velcro like Merlins :)

19. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

Thank you and good luck with that. LOL i told my husband i want that snake. he said we have enough...i looked at him again and said....whos got the job and is payin to feed yours plus our 10 other animals??? he said ok get him :)

LOL im sorry she got out but im glad she didnt go far :) i like merlins method it looks easier :)