This Disappears When Logged In

Meet Viper (:

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by ariesmommy, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

This is Viper my miami phase cornsnake. I just got him a few hours ago. He is 2 1/2 years old and has NEVER been handled. In the petstore he was striking at my husband and also the owner. When I got him home I decided to get his home setup and then I started working with him. He did not once strike at me. He whips his tail....i didnt even know that was possible. he climbs up walls....didnt know that was possible either. He also loves my couch and miniature christmas tree. so here are some pics :) enjoy!!! hes beautiful.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

How long have you had him?

3. BarelyBreathing

Oh, duh, it says in the original post.

You need to give him two weeks to settle in before handling. This means don't hold him, let him climb on your couch or Christmas tree, and no pictures.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

A few hours!

5. mld

Looks like he is adjusting very well! Maybe he doesn't like men, smart snake! LOL
    He is definitely a good looking snake:cool:

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice looking little guy! I just takes time and patience like anything else. Give him time to adjust to the new enviorment before starting to work with him. The less stress the animal is, the easier it will be to handle him.

7. BarelyBreathing

Yeah, I saw that. Read the post above yours, mld! :)

8. mld

We posted at the same time! LOL

9. BarelyBreathing

Whoops. That tends to happen to me, lol.

10. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

I was gonna give him a week but wheres hes older i was going to give him two.

agreed :) and thanks

I think he doesnt like men either. everytime my husband goes to look at him he buries himself and works his way under his log but when i go over there he doesnt do anything he just continues what hes doing :) idk guess well see :) thank you

11. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Looks like everyone covered everything, so all I have to say is that he's beautiful!

12. Komododragon12

Komododragon12 Elite Member

I love miami phases! Mine is one, and I think there beautiful!

13. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

Thank You

Thank You!!! me too

14. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Good looking snake! As for the "tail whipping", it isn't like with the iguana. They do that to attain balance or reach something to wrap around to secure themselves.

15. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Very pretty corn! :) Congratulations!

16. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

oh ok!!! so hes not doing it intentionally??? sure does seem like it. Im going to put him in a 20 long tank...is that too big for him??? and thank you merlin he is beautiful

thank you :)

17. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

No, that cage size is perfect.

18. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

YAY!!!! all i have to do now is find a lid. plus im gonna use 2 lights to heat it up maybe 3 bc my house is old and stays cold so we have a million heaters to keep our igs and snakes warm.
    thank you kernel

19. mld

Have you see this article on building your own lid? You can make 1,2 or3 holes depending on the reptile;
    Custom Glass Tank Lid

20. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh he's doing it intentionally. Its just not a defensive or aggressive behavior. If you watch, when the tail reaches something narrow enough it will twine around it.