This Disappears When Logged In

Meet Tiberius!!!!

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by Evozakira, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

This is my new Greek Tortoise I bought from work yesterday. I'll take more pictures when I'm home later. He's super happy with his new home because its a ton of space for him to move around in. He instantly went into the hide and to sleep as soon as I put him in :). Here he is and a photo of his house. I'm getting a bigger water dish tomorrow I just grabbed a cheap one for the night.

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

Attached Files:

2. justor

justor Elite Member

How cute! Congrats on the new tortie!

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Congratulations on your new Tortoise, he is gorgeous!
    How big do they get and how big is he now?

4. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

I believe they get to 8 inches. I picked this one because they are smaller than others so easier for inside/outside than bigger ones. I'll check his size when I get home

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats!!! You have a cute little guy there, do you know its sex yet? Think you'll owe us more pics :)

6. justor

justor Elite Member

It looks to be pretty big. If it's a male it may be full grown already. They max out more around 6-7 inches. Males can be identified by the concave shape of their plastron (makes mounting females for mating easier). They also have longer tails with the cloacal opening further from the base of the tail than the females. Males will often carry their tails curled up in their shell.

7. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0506.jpg

How do u meazure?

Attached Files:

8. justor

justor Elite Member

Adorable! Tortoises are typically measured by the length of their shell, or "carapace". Can you get a pic of the underside, and the backside?

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

If you put a dollar bill beside him, it will give us a comparison. Dollar bill is about 3" x 6"

10. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

What an adorable Tortoise!!! :) That looks like a nice home for him.

11. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

He is way too cute!! I love that last pic of his grumpy face!

12. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

IMAG0519.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

WoW, he is so small yet so cool!!! Congrats!!

14. Melissa747

Melissa747 Elite Member

Ahhh, too much cuteness!!

How do you like the tortoise house? I house my eastern box turtle in one and she seems to love it!