This Disappears When Logged In

Meet Roxy!!!

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by Flint, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Hey All!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been extremely busy getting the snake cages ready, and I also sold my computer haha. Anywho, they are just about ready, and just in time. Right now I'm at my brothers apartment in San Diego, and I just got back from the Reptile Super Show. And yes, there was an additional heartbeat in the car on the return trip :D

Say hello to Roxy the Argentine Boa!!

img2011061800189.jpg

img2011061800187.jpg

img2011061800190.jpg

She is about 3 years old, extremely tame, never struck at anyone, and takes jumbo f/t rats like they were her last meal lol. I am so incredibly happy haha. The cage she is in was the display cage they had her in at the show, and I think I will need to do a little cage shuffling for a bit. The three 4' cages are ready, but the 6' cage still needs the heat panel and glass, and the 3' cage I ordered the wrong size panel so that will be replaced in about 2 weeks. So I think poor Snakey will be bumped to the glass tank, and Roxy will get into one of the 4' cages I built for Snakey lol. Just until I finish Roxy's 6' cage. I'll post pics of all the cages and the whole family once I get home and get everything switched over and set-up, either tonight or tomorrow.

I just couldn't wait to tell you guys about Roxy :D

Attached Files:

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

She is beautiful. Congrats!

3. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Hey Flint, glad to see you back. Hey Roxie, you are beautiful!

4. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Thanks guys!! And thank you David, that spelling of Roxie looks alot better :)

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Oops, sorry. Sometimes I just type without looking...other times my phone does the auto-correct and royally messes it up! Anyway, welcome Roxy/Roxie whichever you choose Flint.
    :D

6. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice looking snake...I have no doubt she will make a nice addition to your family...(BTW, love the name, it's the same one I gave my Uromastyx when I realized the one I named "Rex", needed a more feminine name.;))

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Roxy is gorgeous! Love the colors and patterns, almost reminds me of a leopard boa!

Congratulations on a great new addition Zach!

8. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

WOW, I was expecting to see a baby argentine boa --- I thought "Dang -- that's a BIG BABY!! :)
    She's a beauty. I hope she settles in well for you. Keep us updated with more pics. :)

9. Cryssy

Cryssy Elite Member

Such a gorgeous girl!

10. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Haha yeah i was hopeing to find a baby too. But Roxie was the only argentine boa at the whole expo lol. And im happy with her :) shes a sweetheart, so curious too! Its amazing to walk by a cage and have a big pretty head following your movements lol. Shes definitely around 6ft, all measure her on sunday (feeding day!). Shes already a great size for photoshoots, and shes got plenty more growing up to do with me :)