This Disappears When Logged In

Meet Maggie...the Over Eager Eater :)

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by HappyAppy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. HappyAppy

HappyAppy Member

This is my baby Desert Phase California Kingsnake Maggie...the one who sometimes likes to eat my fingers lol. I still love her personality though and she's growing like a weed :) Just wanted to share since most of my friends/family would rather see her and Hobson dead...although my BF who is terrified of snakes is starting to like them a bit more and is very supportive :)

1598530_647625748613056_605447672_o.jpg

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

My Cali king females where always chow hounds. "Anytime Anywhere" was one gals moto, could be holding her and feed her while she was in my hands. She never bit me though, surprisingly :p

3. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

She's beautiful and I love the name you chose for her:) I'm sure your family will get to like her in the end. When my friend first found out about my snake, she refused to come into my room and wouldn't come to visit me in my house for months. I talked to her, though, and showed her how mellow he is, and now she even pets him and lets him sniff her hand with no problems. Getting people to interact with snakes is the first step to building trust and raising awareness. Most people don't like snakes because they know virtually nothing about them and still have the "vicious man-eating monster who's out to get me" attitude.
    Maggie is beautiful, congratulations:)

4. HappyAppy

HappyAppy Member

Thank yall so much :) My boyfriend will let me sit on the couch with her and he has genuinely taken an interest in them, and that is some kind of major progress although his parents would love to blow her head off...*sigh* It's funny how Maggie can be the sweetest thing ever...but make her angry or even remotely smell like food...its on lol. She gets so angry at the feeding tongs that she'll miss the pinky and get herself so flustered. She's got some serious spunk...something I forgot about kings...but I think that's why I lover her so much...although my fingers don't at times lol