This Disappears When Logged In

Meet Liyah

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by MoskiWoski, Apr 9, 2013.

1. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Alright, finally!! I went to the FedEx Service Center at 9:00am to pick up my new baby girl.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

She gave me a kiss hello!!

image.jpg

Then, off to her enclosure. Where I'll probably never see her again. Haha.

image.jpg image.jpg

Except maybe those beautiful little eyes, every now and then, peering at me from behind a leaf.

I hope everyone likes her. I love her!!!

2. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

She seems like she already has ton of personality!
    She is so pretty, Congratulations.

3. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Thanks. And it seems like she does. They said she's never bitten before when I got her, but if I got boxed up and flown half way across the United States, I'd hit the first person I saw too! She seems active and comfortable already, which is great!!

Thanks again.

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

5. justor

justor Elite Member

Wow she is beautiful! Congrats!

When I unboxed my carpet she stuck at me as soon as I opened the bag (and I barely managed to dodge it), but since then which was over a year ago she has only tagged me once and it was durring feeding when I accidentally dropped her mouse.

6. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Thanks, both of you. When I got my Jungle Carpet, same thing. Bit me three times right out of the gate. Then one other time about two years later. I didn't use tongs, and looked away one day. Haha. Never again. Tongs from then on.

She was doing fine. Let me pick her up out of the cup and hold her for about a minute. Then I was talking to my wife, looked down and she had my pinky knuckle. I think she's hungry. She hasn't eaten in a week. Look at pic 2 and 3. Picture 3 was taken a month ago, when I bought her. Picture 2 was taken today right after I unboxed her. Does she look skinnier to you??

7. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Maybe I'm just being an overly concerned parent. Lol.

8. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

lol I cannot tell if she is skinnier but I am sure you will take care of it, if she is. I am glad she has a good home!

9. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Thank you very much. I'm glad she's here too. Waiting on the weather for a month was KILLING me!!

10. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Right now I'm building a stand for her enclosure. Something to occupy my time until I start her big enclosure.

image.jpg

Finish the trim, add the door and the drawer face, stain, polycrylic, air out, done!! Haha.

11. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats on the new arrival! She looks well and once she settles in I'm sure will be eating like a horse. That's a nice stand you're building too. I'm good with my hands but nice wood work is not my strenght :) I may build a new rack/shelf thing in the summer but we'll see. Keep us posted on your girl and she does!

12. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Thanks Joe. I'll keep everyone updated for sure. And let me know when you decide to build that rack, I may have built one my then and can send you my plans. I may build some customs and take them to shows, something to do on the weekends.

13. atone2308

atone2308 Well-Known Member

congrats on the beautiful baby!

14. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Thanks a lot. I'm glad to have her as part of the family.

15. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Beautiful girl you got there man! I am excited for you. FINALLY came lol

16. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

Beautiful snake what type of snakes is it

17. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

YES... FINALLY!!! Haha. Thanks a lot.

18. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Thank you, thaboi. She's an Amazon Tree Boa.

19. MoskiWoski

MoskiWoski Elite Member

Here's a few more pics. She's loving her new enclosure!!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

20. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

I just want to scoop her up and give her snuggles (I am not one of those people I don't even like newborns)
    But your girl is seriously adorable, I am so glad that this is not an accessible snake for me or I would run out and grab one.
    Enjoy your beauty, post lots of pictures!