This Disappears When Logged In

Meet Eve :)

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by Froich, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Froich

Froich Well-Known Member

This is Eve, a three month old Rosy. Second day home and she seems to be loving her new home, she explores it all afternoon.

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Eve is a very nice name, is it sexed a female?
    She is beautiful, very jealous, you'll just have to keep the pictures coming. So how big is she?

3. Froich

Froich Well-Known Member

No I havnt had her sexed yet, the pet store guy said he could give it a try and I said no. Thats gotta be done by a pro, not some noob. She has a really short tail and no claspers so I assume its female.

Also, she is about 13 inches long, after a few days Ill start handling and taking more pics :)

4. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

She's so cute. I remember when mine was that little. :)

5. mld

How old and how big is yours?

6. Froich

Froich Well-Known Member

She is adorable, the most curious little thing I have ever seen. A fluff of carefresh tumbled down her cave and she slowly made her way over to it and checked it out. Then went back to exploring xD

7. mld

She sounds like she is really making herself at home!

8. DarkMagician207

Mine has Carefresh for bedding as well. Rosys love to burrow so I have a couple inches. With mine, depending on where he goes into the bedding, he's large enough now that I can see some of the tunnels and burrows he digs through it. It might be a little harder for you to see hers since she's so little right now.

Chaos (mine) came from a pet store I used to work at awhile back. I saw him come in as a tiny little guy. At that time, I wasn't allowed to have a snake, but a friend of mine's husband bought Chaos so I still got to interact with him. Then when her husband started getting out of snakes, he offered Chaos to me since he knew I liked him. At that point I had a Corn. So then I ended up with Chaos. I've had Chaos since August of 2004 and as of April of 2009, he was about 2 1/2 feet long. He's pretty much adult size, his shedding has definitely slowed down.

9. Froich

Froich Well-Known Member

Is he docile Magician? And I am glad someone else has carefresh, I was so torn between aspen and carefresh.

10. DarkMagician207

I use Carefresh for all three of my snakes and my guinea pig.

Oh yes, he's so laid back. He's been that way for as long as I can remember. Some can be on the nippy side as babies but I've never had an experience with nippy Rosys. I have two corns as well and they almost always want to be on the move when they're out but alot of the times, Chaos is quite content to just hang out on your lap if you're sitting down or drape around my hand. He is the one I bring out and give to friends or family if they are curious but nervous about snakes because his disposition is so calm. :)

11. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

AWW, he/she is a cutie:)....Looks to be about the same size and age as my Luna when I got her last month.... Do you happen to know what locality or type of rosy he/she is?? (Kinda looks like a L.T. gracia, but that is just a stab in the dark.) No matter what type, sure is a cutie..(and as for the part about them being a bit nippy when younger....I heard the same from my research,.. but luckily haven't seen any "nippiness" at all from mine., so hopefully you won't either.)
    Again, congrats and thanks for sharing the photos.

12. Froich

Froich Well-Known Member

Thats really good to know, I did my research on Rosy's and Ball pythons because of their tempermant. Think I made a really wise choice on my baby rosy. Ive held her once, and that was when I was checking her out at the pet shop and she was extremely passive considering all the activity at the time (the adoption center was visiting with lots of dogs). They are just a great snake over all.

13. Froich

Froich Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw your pics in your other threads, she is really cute :) ..I cant really tell her locality, I was thinking Lichanura trivirgata roseofusca?

14. teach920

It could be....All I really know is that the gracia and roseofusa are the 2 types that my Whitewater came from....
    While researching on the species a while back I came across a website that had pictures of all the various localities and a brief description of each...I found it neat to look at all the different types, and maybe you will as well.

LocalityRosys.com

15. Froich

Froich Well-Known Member

sweet! thank you teach, browsed the sight a little and its pretty awesome.

16. teach920

Glad you like it...I have it bookmarked because I thought it was really neat that it had all the different localities listed in one place, with pictures of each kind...

17. DarkMagician207

Hey that really is a neat site. I bookmarked it too. I knew mine was a Mexican but didn't know it broke down so much after that. Mine is similar to the bottom black and creamy colored ones towards the bottom of that section. I will have to take him out and see which of those he resembles most.

Thanks for that link!

18. Froich

Froich Well-Known Member

Is it super important to get my snake sexed? Im not going to breed or anything..well my snake isnt...lol

19. mld

Too funny, had me in tears!:D

20. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Very cute :)
    Congrats!