This Disappears When Logged In

Meet Brew :)

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by aquarles, Mar 15, 2011.

1. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

He poked out of his aspen bedding this morning when I went to turn on his light :)

Sorry it's not the best pictures..it's with my camera phone.

Attached Files:

2. HERPies

HERPies Elite Member

my phone won't open the pictures well, what is he?

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

He's hiding in the substrate!
    Too cute, popping his head out! Shy little guy!:x

4. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

sorry, but I just can't seem to see the snake...lol.....however, thanks for posting the photos, and hopefully someone with better eyesight than mine will be able to see him...(as for me, I will have to wait until he has settled in completely and you can take some pics while he is out and about;))

5. mld

He is right beside the log in the substrate, its just his head popping out.
    KSB brown and orange in color.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Kind of a Peek-a-brew!:">

7. mld

Good one!

8. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

Nice aspen. LOL

9. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

haha ok ok..I they are TERRIBLE photos! I promise better ones when I can get him/her out!

Merlin, that is so funny!!

Thanks I fluff it myself ;) haha!

10. mld

Thanks I fluff it myself ;) haha![/QUOTE]

Fluffed to perfection I must add, so fluffy that everyone couldn't see Brew! :)

11. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

Haha I PROMISE better photos will come of my little sand boa! I was just happy to see him for once since I brought him/her home!

12. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

I can't see a thing LOL
    I am waiting on new glasses too! lmao

13. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

Here are some better pictures of Brew eating his pinkies.

Brew is going to need A LOT more work than I thougt! He is not a happy camper. He kept trying to get me, but I didn't give up. He/she is a very good eater and it's tail actually makes me think it's a girl from a post someone linked to me. So Brew may just be a she.

She is being fed in a separate feeding tub but when I was picking her up the aspen trailed along. I had to use grilling tongs very gently to pick her up and used the aspen as a cushion around her to I wouldn't squeeze her. I watched her eat and made sure no aspen was on the pinkies or near her mouth. Also, she is orange and black, not orange and brown like I thought! :)

Attached Files:

14. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Brew is gorgeous. Love the color/pattern.

15. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

Thank you :) She sure is going to be a handful to say the LEAST! The pet store owner didn't want her because they didn't have the time to handle her often or even at all once she became aggressive from being neglected. I also got confirmation that they did indeed feed the pinkies in her enclosure and not a separate tank. They gave me a really good deal to get her sold fast, and of course I swooped in there like it was nothing..yeah right! ;)

16. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Even though I don't like to do impulse buys, I will admit that if I saw something like that going on, I would end up buying the animal or convincing a friend to. (which is why I avoid petco now)

I hope that you can get her more comfortable with people once she settles in. It would be a shame to let such a beauty be scared/aggressive toward people.

17. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

I can't harp on her too bad, this was her first time getting out of her enclosure since I brought her home so I bet she was TERRIFIED and not so happy. I will just get a nice thick pair of gloves and try to get her settled in and realize that she's not where she used to be and that I am not going to hurt or eat her!

I didn't consider it an impulse buy too bad because I have been going in there and admiring her for a few weeks but no one would take her out for me. I had been wanting a sand boa for a while now so I was going to buy from a breeder but this opportunity came up when the store owner said "you want it, i'll sell it to you for $40!" I obviously knew what I was getting into (not as bad though!) so I am just doing my research and letting her get settled in more.

18. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

Question: Should I let Brew bite me once to let her know that I'm not going to fight back and let her back off on her own or should I keep dodging her strikes?

I would obviously have thick gloves on so it wouldn't hurt me but I just don't know if letting her bite me once would let her know that I won't bite her back and let her release when she feels comfortable, or if it would confuse her and do more harm to getting her to calm down.

I am hoping that when I get her on a good feeding schedule that she won't be striking at me when I try to get her out of her enclosure.

19. mld

She looks great, what a gorgeous little one. So happy the even though she was not happy about being handled, she ate for you! thats great! Maybe she was grouchy because she was hungry?

20. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

Michele, I am hoping that's what it is! I am going to get her on a good eating schedule like Moscato is on, that way she shouldn't want to bite my fingers thinking they are food, she'll be good and full every week :) I think next week I will try the size pinkies that Moscato is on, I couldn't even tell Brew ate or see a buldge. That's the size the store told me to get so I'm thinking she was maybe under fed a little bit and was cranky.