This Disappears When Logged In

Medusa Has Competition

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by Inane, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inane

Inane Member

Because weez sexy.
    [​IMG]

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Haha! Fun stuff!

3. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

LMAO Very funny :)

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Ron, just don't try that when she gets bigger!

5. Inane

Inane Member

awww... i was thinkin of fashioning her into a very keen headwrap and turning the rest of her "length" into some sort of shoulder spaulders :D

nah shes a dawl and this was just what random moments happen in my home... your watching tv and then the next thing you know you have a lil burmese atop your head

6. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Gorgeous, what is the growth rate, how long can you play with her like that?

7. Inane

Inane Member

we grow like a weed - and she has a wonderful temprament - ill play with her in such fashion as long as she will tolerate it... obviously when she's 14+ feet I won't be able to balance her atop my head but given her demeanor we will definantly go to pet stores that are "herp friendly" here so long as she is tolerated AND physically managable

ive wrangled with some FUN ones back in the old days where I had my old collection... including an AfRock and a yellow Conda... SURPRISINGLY my conda (despite the OCCASIONAL "forget me not" plug) was very very docile and "people friendly" and accompanied me to various places until he was about 6 feet... hed always get excited if we went to close to the rodents - never lashed out but got very....excited... my afrock was a true a-hole thru and thru...she wanted nothing more than to plug me and in fact most of the time was handled "hot style" with tail and hook while smaler and headlock when larger

I got a burm because I love large snakes... but being that I have a family I cannot risk large aggressive snakes... granted any large snake can cause serious harm or death...a bit of RESPONSIBLE pet ownership greatly tamps that risk into a managable "consideration" ((IE - ALL my animals are in sturdy enclosures with padlocks which I myself hold the only key to - loss of keys = bolt cutters but lets hope it doesn't come to that))

when you're single...or when ur where I was before in a relationship without kids (was a bad one but that's another story) ...and you decide to play with fire... its sometimes a nice adrenaline rush to soak the matches in gasoline so to speak - by having something with a little "zest" in its attitude...

but now with my fiance and the lil man she came with ("our" son) around I cannot afford such reckless abandon in flights of fancy - our boy handles the snake(s) (were harboring a friends ball) but is aware they are NOT like puppies and kitties and that they CAN bite and that they are totally off limits unless ron or mom are around and helping

he seems abit afraid of the bearded dragon for some reason but just to the effects of no desire to hold or touch

the bottom line being that how I handled the animal in this picture could very easily be seen as reckless... theres nothing stopping her from pluggng me in the face - or even worse - the eye - but the fact being I am aware of the risks in which I take- just as the lion tamer at the circus sticking his head in the mouth of a lion KNOWS he's taking on a MUCH higher risk than say someone viewing the same lion from atop a fenced ledge at a zoo...

basically... CAN these animals be handled in such a fashion? yes... is it the brightest idea in the world? not so much so - I can say I trust my animal but there are plenty of folks who "trusted" their animals as well and have had major accidents - it happens and to an extent "risk" is part of the business were dealing with here

and in closing - to answer your question more concisely... she's growing very fast... how long can I handle/play with her like that? I shouldnt be doing it now - I took some level or risk to take a silly picture - but that's just me.... ;)

8. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Good for you!

9. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Wow, thanks, very good reading. What do you exactly mean by "plug"? right now in your picture she looks pretty small, and she can plug you? in the eye?. Yup I can understand about accidents, and next you have a monkey bill in congress. I don't think I would own a Burmese, but am looking forward to the next Herp show to get up close.

I remember the Burmese from my childhood in Bombay, they moved very slowly, the non-vegetarians, especially the chinese/tibetians would never leave them alone. They would get a boulder and drop it on its head (messy), and cut up big hunks to take home to cook (it looked almost like fish filets, when I recall now). I a brahmin vegetarian would witness all this and would be sick to my stomach for days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.