This Disappears When Logged In

Meatball

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by schlegelbagel, Dec 21, 2010.

1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Rest in Peace Meatball. You were short challanged from the beginning, MBD, front legs that didn't work and chytrid. Glad you made it this long.

DSCN0724.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And fortunately he ended up in the hands of someone who at least gave him a chance!
    I'm sorry Liz!

3. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I am so sorry Liz! :( He was given the best care and lots of love - that's why he made it this long. And he was happy!

Hugs!!!!

4. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I'm so sorry for your loss! :( I'm glad he had a final home where he was given a happy, comfortable life!

5. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Sorry for your loss Liz! He was blessed to be with you. :)

6. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I am sorry for your loss.

7. schlegelbagel

I feel awful. He's been dead a few days, but he was buried. I didn't know he was gone until the tank started to smell.:-& :(

8. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Don't be so hard on yourself -- they bury themselves for days on a regular basis. You had no need to bother him, he was doing what is expected!

You took great care of him and he was loved!! What more could a Meatball ask?? He was blessed to be with you.

9. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

I am so sorry for your loss. As stated above, we know you did everything you could for Meatball, and you gave him a good home at the end....and for that you should be very proud.
    Again, sorry for your loss.

10. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry to hear about Meatball! Sounds like you gave him a great home, and don't be too hard on yourself, he passed aways doing what they love to do!

11. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

The fact that he was buried would indicate to me that he "went" very peacefully.

12. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Wow, sorry to hear about it. I just had a similar thing with one of my burrowing mud snakes.

13. Cyclura08

Cyclura08 Well-Known Member

so sorry for your loss.

Would you mind telling me what you used to treat the Bd infection? I've heard that Chloramphenicol has had some success in captive amphibs, but I'm interested to know what you/your vet decided to treat this infection with in a clinical setting.

14. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sorry Liz!!! We all know that you gave Meatball the best life possible.

15. schlegelbagel

For the Chytrid? Its a diluted treatment of Lamisil. Available over the counter. 10 days of a clean environment (small tank, wet paper towels changed every day during treatment), and 10 days of a daily soak in the solution. He really perked up after it, but I think it took some time off his life.

16. OwlandMocha

OwlandMocha Active Member

I know everyone says sorry.......... Which is expected but even if they have gone through the same situation, no one can feel YOUR pain. He was blessed to have been with someone who cared about him. I didn't know him but in my heart i feel for you. God bless and know that he is in a better place.

OwlandMocha

17. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Kind of late for condolences, but you have mine anyway.

Seems like he was a very well cared and loved little meatball!

18. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

I'm so sorry Liz. I really liked Meatball. I loved to see pictures of him.

19. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Aw I feel so bad! I just started coming back here recently and just found this. So sorry to hear this! :(