This Disappears When Logged In

Mealworm Dish

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by LilyChristen, Jan 6, 2011.

1. LilyChristen

LilyChristen Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if the mealworm dish with the curved rim really does prevent escape and if it would work on large superworms? It kind of seems like if a worm grabbed onto the edge of the curved rim it would help it escape more easily.

This one:
    Lee's Mealworm Dish at PETCO

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

3. LilyChristen

That's the same one that I use (in navy blue) but they still somehow get out all the time. It's not that big of a deal, but it would be nice if it was more preventable.

4. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

The one from petco doesn't work for anything larger than a mealworm

5. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Ditto on the above,,,,they will work for mealworms, but are too small for the superworms...(personally, I just use plastic flower pot bases for feeder dishes for my leos, it seems to work pretty well and they were very inexpensive.)

6. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I went to a kitchen store (?Kitchen and Company) and they had what looked like glass mixing bowls (clear and solid in color) from tiny (like the size of salt pinch bowls) to super large mixing bowls and everything in between.

I bought a bunch in the smallest three sizes - and now have the perfect size for any feeder, and no escapee's (except for the roaches that attach themselves to the frogs that have to sit inside the bowl to eat and carry a few out when they jump out.... :rolleyes:

They were very inexpensive!

Worked for mealies and superworms when I fed them, too!

7. LilyChristen

Okay, thanks. =] I'll try finding the little mixing bowls first because they have them at my mall and if those don't work I'll try getting the flower pot things.

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Check the dollar stores, cheap! Thats were I got my flower pot saucers, just make sure that you get the ones that are glazed inside so its nice and slippery.