This Disappears When Logged In

McConley Herp Family Members

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by David McConley, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Here are photos of all my scaled family members. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. David McConley

More photos of the family.

Attached Files:

3. David McConley

Here are 6 more photos of the family.

Attached Files:

4. David McConley

And the final one for now.

Attached Files:

5. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Beautiful family :)

A question tho...what are the snakes in the last post (other than the boa that hiding ;))

6. David McConley

From left to right- 1)Snow corn 2)Cremecicle corn 3)Blood red corn 4)Phillipine Mangrove snake 5)Blood python 6)White-lipped python Hope you enjoy the pics.

David

7. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

They are ALL beautiful :)
    My personal favorites are 1,3,4, and 6 :p

8. David McConley

Thank you, The Mangrove snake was a Father's day gift last year from my wife and son. It was a wild caught(unknown at time of purchase) and was LOADED with internal and external parasites. After a very informative and costly visit to the vet he was pronounced generally healthy and I was given a few doses of meds for him to be given and now he is doing fine.

The White-lipped python was also a gift from my wife and son. He was very small when I got him and he never hesitated to try to take a hunk of skin out of my hands. Thankfully he has settled down a lot in the past few months and is easily one of my favorites.

The Blood red corn was a gift from my mother and father-in-law. My father-in-law can't have snakes so he gets his fix at my house, and keeps snakes vicariously through me. Gene, (father-in-law) also helps me when I show my snakes at the local community college during the veterinaty office assistant class.

9. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

That's so cool. :)

I can't have snakes either :( (my girlfriend is terrified of them)
    I'm trying:rolleyes:to get her to not be so afraid of them so I can get a corn or a king (lots of morphs of both species I like :p) but there isn't anyone I can live vicariously thru ;)

10. David McConley

I can relate. I was married for 18 years before I got my first snake, so don't ever give up! My wife has always been fairly supportive of my odd ways though. She bought me a tarantula that we kept for 11 years or so until one day I came home from work and found it lying upside-down in it's cage. Very sad day. I haven't been able to bring myself to get another one since then.

My wife was also a little nervous around snakes but the more she learns about them the more interested she becomes in them. Just food for thought.

11. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Ya, she seems to listen more as I talk about them so I'm thinking slow and steady will win and i'll soon have a snake to go along with my CWD ;)

12. David McConley

Good luck. Keep at it and you will eventually wear her down.

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Nice looking group! I like the colors on the mangrove!
    And its good to put a face to the name!

14. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Great snakes, even though I am a wimp and some of those snakes are WAY to big for me,lol. They are still beautiful. :)

15. David McConley

Thanks for the comments Merlin and Lucysfriend, I love the mangrove also he is just so vibrant in his coloration. The black is so deep it has hints of blue in it, and he really is such a gentleman-best wild-caught snake I have ever had the pleasure of meeting(even though I am not a big fan of wild-caught I made an exception in this case).

Lucysfriend- some of the snakes are bigger than I would have normally been comfortable with but when the original owner tells you he is either going to release them in Florida or kill them, what can a person do other than give them a better home? They really are a lot easier to deal with than the blood python that I rescued a few weeks ago.

Oh, and Merlin I don't know about putting the name with the face- I have been told that I have the perfect face for radio. Lol! But thank you for the vote of confidence anyway you made a fat middle-aged man's day.

16. Merlin

LOL! No problem! I am sure no super model myself!;)

17. David McConley

Maybe not-but you have that fabulous outfit and staff.

18. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Then you did the right thing in taking them in. People that release animals or kill them really make my blood boil! I just don't understand that, never did. I mean why have the animals in the first place??!!
    And yeah Merlin is "stylin" lol. :p
    Wizards are always in style!

19. David McConley

Yes, I agree. When are people going to realize that reptiles are not disposable animals. They are living things and can feel pain, I also believe that they can understand when someone truly cares about them or not. The two Burmese pythons are twelve feet long for the male and eight and a half feet long for the albino female and they are just as calm and easy going as my three corn snakes. I just make sure I don't handle the Burms by myself.

As far as Merlin goes- clothes do make the man! I really like the wizard look. Tres Chic!

20. Merlin

Yeah but you should see the looks I get from my neighbors when I am dressed like that!
    Not to mention the people in the convenience store when I stop in for coffee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.