This Disappears When Logged In

Mazuri Insectivoire Diet

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by Erwynn, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Erwynn

Erwynn Elite Member

Any one ever tried this for their insectivores or as a supplement to an insect diet?

http://www.mazuri.com/PDF/5MK8-5MM3.pdf

I thought as an "insect" diet..it would have more...insects in it. I didn't see any bugs on the ingredients. How would this count as an insect diet if it's all prepared and processed ingredients?

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

These diets are formulated to simulate an insect diet. Only using other foods. They are supposedly balanced out to be a replacement for an insect diet.
    Problem is most insect eaters zero in on movement.

3. Erwynn

Erwynn Elite Member

Yea I don't know how you'd get them to eat it, I mean I'm sure they would get hungry enough and eat it but where is the enrichment in that?

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Not liking the list of ingredients! Why ground Aspen?? A filler most likely! Non of the ingredients sound like insects to me, Thank goodness we read labels.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Prepared reptile food leaves much to be desired. It's really no different than prepared human food - stick a label on it that says it's healthy - sure those potato chips are cholesterol free, we just won't discuss their fat, saturated fat, and sodium values. But their cholesterol free, must be healthy, and a vegetable to boot.

I don't trust it a bit.