This Disappears When Logged In

Maritime Garter Snake

Discussion in 'Garter & Water snakes' started by mld, Jun 24, 2011.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Well by mother called me the other day in a panic, there was a snake on her porch! So I went over there to check it out, she wanted it gone, I convinced her that they were great to have around the house! They took a picture through their window so its a little blurry, but for the size and girth could she be gravid?

Attached Files:

2. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

That's a nice looking snake, Could be or maybe it had just eaten something.

I will never forget the day my brothers corn snake managed to escape from its tank. I was outside working on my car when, my mom runs out of the house in a panic, My first thought was that someone of the streets managed to get in while I was underneath my car.

when she caught her breath she told me there was a venomous looking snake in the kitchen so I go in with my snake hook and what do I find, My bros little corn curled up next to the fridge trying to get warm....I was both furious with my brother for leaving the tank lid open and I was hysterically laughing at my mom…..and then she made me cook lunch and dinner..

3. mld

We used to see them more often when I was a child, I guess I should start thinking like a child and go out and play more! LOL, Its always nice to come across a nice snake in the wild.

4. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

lucky you, the only thing I see in my backyard are tiny little florida ringneck snakes, the only way I will experience the coolness of bigger snakes is by going out into the national parks and go field herping.

5. mld

Yes, but the only snakes here that I know of is the common garter snake, I'm sure that you have more variety there!

6. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Very true lol!!!! I'm feeling an urge to go out field herping and taking photographs....plus I just bought Dee a new semi-pro cam and I've been meaning to take that puppy for a spin...(you know to make sure the camera has no defects ;) )

7. mld

I feel pictures are in the future! :) Happy Herping!

8. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice find Michele!
    I hope your Mom left it alone. I agree that either she just ate something nice and big (I bet your mom would like a big mouse or rat around the house even less!!) or she's gravid.
    Either way, a good friend to have around!! :)

9. mld

Yeah, she feel better now but I think that she won't be weeding in her flower bed any time soon! LOL
    I'm glad that she is going to keep it there, I would have brought it over to my yard not far away, if she didn't want it!
    I told her about how she is good for the garden and house pest!