This Disappears When Logged In

Madagascan Hissers Escape

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by andy140365, Apr 13, 2011.

1. andy140365

andy140365 Member

cant stop the babies from climbing the tub ive got parcel tape round the top inner edge also smeared with vasaline ive still got the little darlings crawling on the inside of the breeding box lid ive now put bungeee straps on to hold the lid down tight incase they get out
    how do you keep yours is my question
    other than this they are doing well from 5 pairs to id say 120 +in a 2 months

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Well, it seem that they love the environment that you have them in if they are breeding that well!
    Sorry I don't have Madagascar Hissers only Dubias and they don't climb glass or smooth plasic!
    So I take it that the tape and Vaseline isn't working! Little buggers!

3. andy140365

andy140365 Member

well took the lid off yesterday was just about to put it down and noticed a couple of my little ones on it so no its not working could be that just the very young ones are able to do this ,they seem to love it though ive had to put in 2 heatmats to keep the temps up though not the higher wattage ones its more trial and error just wandered if anyone else was getting this with theres
    Also a good tip is to check then double check before you take anything out there enviroment,old food even , they get everywhere lol got to love them though

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

At least its good to know that they wouldn't survive in the UK if they did escape, well I hope not. It's not like german roaches that would get out of hand real fast.
    Good luck and hopefully a member who is breeding them also will chime in and give you their thoughts. I believe there are a couple of members with hissers!

5. andy140365

andy140365 Member

again today another two on the rim of box had it not been strapped down they would of been out probably going to get a different rub with a better fitting lid