This Disappears When Logged In

Lucy's Gone

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Og_, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had to let Lucy go today. She was diagnosed with bone cancer yesterday. She had trouble walking and was in pain.
    She was euthanized this morning. I was with her when she passed. I am completely heart broken. I loved her so much.:(:(:(:(

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry to hear that Greg. At least she isn't in any pain now.

3. Kazooguyz2

Kazooguyz2 Elite Member

Sorry for your loss. She is out of pain and running, jumping, & having a wonderful time now. She will always be around as long as you keep her in your thoughts and hearts. I still am visited by my beloved cat, Casper. It's been 7 yrs since he never woke up. We still swear we see him sitting on the clean laundry and on the bed once in a while.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm so sorry Greg.
    I have been there and it is one of the hardest choices that you can have to make.
    And knowing its the right one doesn't make it any easier!

5. tuffgi2001

tuffgi2001 Elite Member

I am soo sorry to hear that. I know how much that hurts. At least she is free from any and all pain :(

6. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

She is survived by my other warm blooded pet Smokey the cat. He is a 12 year old gray and white cat.( No pics yet. He's camera shy.)

My cat was five years old back in June, 2001, when I heard a lot of dogs barking outside. I looked outside my window to see what all the ruckus is about and I see this skinny little dog walking down the street. I go out and call to it thinking it is some sort of greyhound or something.
    When she came to me, I saw that she was a dog on the brink of death due to starvation. She just had that look in her eyes that she was in pain.
    She gobbled up everything I gave her. I took her to the vet and had her treated for worms, a skin infection, and an infection that was in both ears. I had her spayed soon after.
    She was the most intelligent dog I've ever experienced.
    Seven years later...
    During our final moments, I held her big head in my hands to keep her eyes looking at me while the vet put her down. With all the comfort she has given me, I wanted her to go before familiar eyes.

7. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

That's so sad! My condolences Greg.
    It sounds like you gave her the best 7 years of her life as well as a humane end. I'm sure she's grateful.

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Greg you just made me cry. :(

She will be missed but remembered very well.

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

So sorry to hear that. :(Sounds like she was very well loved.

10. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sorry Greg!

11. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Holy cow you totally made me ball my eyes out. I know how you feel. I am sorry for your loss. :(

12. Tas38

Tas38 Elite Member

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you gave her a wonderful life. I think it is great that the last thing she witnessed was the love of her best friend.

13. kcftlaud08

kcftlaud08 Elite Member

I'm really sorry to hear that. Only time will make the sadness more tolerable. :(

14. venus

venus Founding Member

**hugs**, Im so sorry for your loss.

15. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

So sorry for your loss.

16. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

I am so sorry for your loss, its so heartbreaking to do the right thing sometimes, but I'm sure she had the best life she could of ever had with you.

17. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Thanks everyone! Sometimes sharing makes the difference between being really sad and being a basket case.

18. kcftlaud08

kcftlaud08 Elite Member

Hang in there. It takes a long time to stop aching. :(

19. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

And please don't have any mercy for me in the arcade!:p
    I could use the distraction.

20. kcftlaud08

kcftlaud08 Elite Member

Heck, I am certainly not trying to give you a break there!!! You gotta (sorry for the bad grammar) draw the line somewhere. Stop practicing more than me. If I could make a happy face with the tongue bowing a raspberry, that would be the icon! :) Stay out of "Bubble Shooter"!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.