This Disappears When Logged In

Love my jungle carpet x diamond

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by barnkat, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnkat

barnkat Elite Member

I'm Kat, and am new here. I am glad to hear about others who own jungle carpet x diamonds. I originally wanted a diamond, but it was out of my price range. Then I came across this guy in a pet store. They kept marking him down because he bit everyone. He was just a baby, and they're nippy. I visited him there a few times, got bit many, bought him anyway. Taught him not to bite and he only does it now if it's an honest mistake because he feels he's too hungry or someone forgot to wash hands first. He's beautiful though.

2. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

We can't be sure of that until we get some pictures! ;)

Welcome.

It's nice to hear that you've been so patient with him. I'm sure he's pretty happy that he ended up with you.

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

Welcome to the HC Network! I will be less hinting....where are the pics? lol I hope you enjoy the site!

4. JohnC

JohnC Elite Member

Looking forward to seeing your carpet Kat, I have a pair of 50% diamond/jungle carpets, they are 2 years old and I got them only recently.
    They are both well behaved but nervey when handled, they never bite but object to being handled by squirming a lot. They are so beautiful.

5. chaley77

chaley77 Member

hello...i just bought my baby jungle a couple weeks ago and he is also very snappy but hes getting better....welcome

6. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

congrats on the carpet, the young ones can be nippy but grow out of this fast. The nerve racking part is when there about a year and want to hiss at everything (I have one at this stage) though it's rarly more than a vailed threat. I'd also love a pure diamond if I could ever find one or a jag for that.

7. barnkat

barnkat Elite Member

Thanks for the notes back I appreciate it. For the nippy ones a little bit of vinegar in a spray bottle works wonders and doesn't injure them in anyway! They just don't like the taste/smell. I use this training method for quite a few reptiles, cats and dogs. It shows them that biting doesn't "taste" good. All of mine are fed in separate cages from the ones they live in.

8. barnkat

barnkat Elite Member

I posted some pics in the gallery section, some are of Teal'c, but he's going into a shed in the pics, will be out of shed in another day or so, soaking in his hot bath tonight. Their are pics of a few of my other "creatures" also. My boa Selmac insisted I shed him out by hand this time. He felt I owed it to him after taking him "visiting" earlier in the week when he couldn't see! LOL

9. JohnC

JohnC Elite Member

10. barnkat

barnkat Elite Member

Teal'c's Mom was a Jungle Carpet Python, and Dad was a Diamond Python. He actually came from a local breeder is what I found out later. I met his "Mom" at a reptile show once. He is shed out now, but I have to find my camera cord to load the pics onto my computer. He asked for help shedding out this time too. Both Teal'c and Selmac had fairly heavy thick shed this time. The vet said it's because we're getting into a weather change, as it's hitting fall type weather here. Loved the pic of your snake, beautiful

11. JohnC

JohnC Elite Member

The link I put up was a carpet in a current thread on here. But mine are just the same looking.
    Look forward to new pics after Teal'c has shed.

12. barnkat

barnkat Elite Member

Here are a couple of pictures after his shed. He currently has shed to a very dark coloring instead of his spring/summer yellowish and dark. He's very dark olive this time. He wanted help shedding too. very very thick shed too. He's being a little brat lately, lots of "love you, bye-bye" and fffffufffffffffff u. He vocalizes quite a bit, always has. "love you, bye-bye" is a silly trick though, because he usually gets "lost" and becomes scared and shaky!!! After all he's only almost 8 feet long! funny snake
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.