This Disappears When Logged In

Love Bites

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by LovetheBaruu, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Anybody get bitten by their frogs? Does it hurt? I can't believe it would but Krim gets so excited over the stupid worms that he strikes like a snake (why yes! I am wearing my sissy pants today!). It is a little unsettling and I'd hate to shriek like a girly girl:eek:

2. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I have never been bitten by one but I assume that it wouldn't hurt though it would feel more like pressure I don't think they have teeth Or if they do not sharp or large teeth???don't quote me on that though

3. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

:D Can't say I have -- but I use tongs;) They do however attack the tongs like they have never eaten in their lives - but the tongs seem to fare well. Maybe you should tong feed:D

Occasionally, they actually manage to find the tidbit hanging at the bottom of the tong -- really not the brightest bulbs in the tank:rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW: I'm not laughing at you, I'm... well laughing at you shrieking like a girly girl. 'Cause I have never done that before... nope not me!!!;):)

4. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I don't think you will have to go to casualty for - hie-hie-hie FROG BITE![​IMG]

5. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

I remember watching a documentary on the Animal Planet or Geographic channel about a frog eating a small snake, and then a larger snake eating the frog, and a still larger snake eating the snake, and then a huge frog eating the larger snake! I can't remember if this took place in the Amazon or in Africa, but the frog was huge! He could probably give you a nasty bruise. I doubt if a frog could draw blood.

What would happen if you pricked your finger and let it drip into the frogs mouth?.....

"Little Shop of Horrors" comes to mind!:eek::D:D:D:cool:

6. LovetheBaruu

Come jump out of an airplane with me! We will locate your inner girly girl!!:p;)

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

The only frogs you need to worry about are the Pyxie and Pacman frogs. They have teeth.

I also tong feed. Best $8 I ever spent. OK, maybe not best, but worth the money. :)

8. LovetheBaruu

There was a pyxie at the show yesterday! I thought about the Nerf football size and didn't get it (yeah, sure that was the only reason;)). Lots of different frogs available and herps galore!! Some of the vendors left a lot to be desired :mad:.

9. schlegelbagel

Yeah, lots of the vendors make me mad. 2 months ago at the show, there was a vendor with all these toads in a bin with a screen top, and some of the toads had little bloody fingers. :(

10. LovetheBaruu

It was the housing of soooo many in one tiny container. I am against the wild caught, not everybody is I know. One vendor told me it was much cheaper to pay for shipping than breed- Gee whatever is most convenient for you!! The animals can't all be going to the best of homes either.:( You can get an Iguana for so cheap, with no clue how to care for it.

11. schlegelbagel

At this past show, there was someone buying RETFs with NO idea how to care for them, so they were going by what the vendor was telling them! I gave it 3 weeks before they had dead frogs.

12. big vinny

big vinny Active Member

Yeh the root of all the problems the vendor:mad:

I'm going to disagree. I think its also up to the OWNER to do research and figure out what they are getting into.

13. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I hate people sometimes.....GRRRR!
    One would think that a breeder or vendor at an exotic reptiles convention would be better than run of the mill pet shops but what I have heard today some of them must be just the same!

14. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree with the statement that the perspective owner should have done the research before hand.

In a perfect world it would be so,...
    However.

I also feel that, if someone is selling living animals, they should at least have the respect, both for the animals themselves, as well as the perspective customer, to be able to give an accurate account of what is actually required to properly keep these animals! Not just go to the wholesaler and pick up a bunch of stuff to sell.
    Most newcomers to the hobby seem to automatically assume that the dealer should actually know what they are talking about.
    Even though this is often far from the truth!

15. schlegelbagel

I'm agreeing here. I have seen many a seller give false information on keeping an animal. I have actually chimed in to correct them. Man were they ****ed, but whatever, its for the animal.

16. LovetheBaruu

Gee, I re-read my post and don't see anything that can be interpreted as "...the root of all problems the vendor." It is the impulse that drives some people to purchase, before research, that concerns me most. I was relating an experience I had this weekend with a reptile show and some of the vendors. There was also a vendor there who I will continue to receive my business because of the care he provides to his "product." I think Liz was sharing some of her experiences too. Not criticizing the whole industry.

17. big vinny

big vinny Active Member

Yes and to think this all started off as a bitten finger:D but the buyers are their own worst enemy buy not buying captive bred ,not doing the research. When I kept snakes I came home to find a ten foot boa in a box on my front doorstep. Note said thought it was a ROYAL PYTHON don't know what he was thinking:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.