This Disappears When Logged In

Lothars new enclosure

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by LotharsPeople, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LotharsPeople

LotharsPeople Member

Moved Lothar into his new enclosure today. Here is a couple of pictures.These were taken before it was completed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's six feet by twelve feet by seven feet high. waterfall in the corner with a pond. EBMV for Uvb and 250 watt I.R spot(on a dimmer) for basking.

2. XBurner

XBurner Elite Member

That is maaaaaad tight, man. Good work. Lothar should really enjoy that. :cool:

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Wow, looks fantastic. Be sure to post some pics of the completed set up with him in it :)

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Nicely done! Welcome to the HCN..we are glad to have you!

5. LotharsPeople

LotharsPeople Member

A few more pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Thermometer on the shelf is only for comparison to a digital one. Reads about 5 degrees high, what do you want for 5 dollars?

6. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

That looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! :)

7. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Hmmm...looks like someone is spoiled!

8. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

That is a HUGE iguana room, I bet yours is a VERY happy iggy.

9. XBurner

XBurner Elite Member

Yes, yes... show us pics of the iguana in it... and frollicking. If they do that. :confused:

Actually, I think they do, 'cause I've seen Bud prancing over my couch and loveseat. Silly thing...

10. LotharsPeople

LotharsPeople Member

XBurner,
    I am sure they frolick as well. I just moved him into the enclosure yesterday afternoon not ten minutes before my post, he's a bit ****y right now. Must be that whole " Iguana's do not like change" thing. I'll post a few more pics as soon as he's settled in.

11. Paige

Paige Elite Member

Very nice looking enclosure. You are talented =)

12. XBurner

XBurner Elite Member

Yeah, they certainly are creatures of habit. One change of their environment and they go a little batty. A huge change like that might take him a few days to adjust to it, but he will. If not, ship that thing to me, I'm sure Bud'll enjoy it. :cool:

13. LotharsPeople

LotharsPeople Member

Well, he started to check it out a bit today. One end anyway and the rope ladder. Thats were he decided to sleep tonight.
    Sorry, I could'nt ship this enclosure if I wanted to, it's part of the house now.

14. LotharsPeople

LotharsPeople Member

15. XBurner

XBurner Elite Member

Ahaha... I hate it when Bud does that off of his perch. There's a branch on one side that he climbs down most of the time, but sometimes he'll just climb/fall off like Lothar did. I don't understand their reasoning sometimes. :confused:

16. kiekie420

kiekie420 Member

Very, Very nice enclosure!! Lothar is a very lucky Iguana to have such a nice home. I watched Lothar "fly"! They sure know how to make us panic for a second :eek:

17. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

That is a great looking enclosure! NICE JOB!

18. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The enclosure looks great!! Haha, nice jumping action as well!

19. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

The enclosure is incredible, I think it is kinda funny watching them do that dangle jump thing, but I think they know what is a safe jump height, mine will climb a fair way down his tree before jumping, and does the same type thing.

20. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

Wow that is a big setup looks great i bet you love cleaning it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.