This Disappears When Logged In

Lost Snake.

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Anthony14, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

I was just holding Regin(my ball python), I was not tired, enjoying his company,and next thing I knew it I woke up an hour later and he was gone.

I have looked everywhere in the room I am in and I fear he has got out to another room, I have 2 cats and I really hope they do not find him first, well the one is terrified of him so, im not sure what they will do.

Anyways, do you guys have any suggestions of any way to draw him out or find him?

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

place a heat lamp near the floor.

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

He will likely hide for a while since it is new surroundings.
    Have to check just about everywhere.
    Tonight you can make a mess and sprinkle flour around so you can track his movements.

4. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Thanks for the ideas, I guess its worth the mess. I need to think of one room I don't think he got to so I can keep my cats from finding him tonight.

I will try the lamp too, maybe put his hide downstairs somewhere aswell to see if he wants to go to something familiar to him.

God I just don't know where to start, where he could have gone, I check under every single thing, I plugged his heat lamp into an extension chord and checked where it was too dark to see..darn, I hope I find him.

5. kriminaal

I lost my boa when it was small.
    Gone for two weeks before I heard it behind the shower.

6. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

How long do you estimate a ball python could survive in a house? Well that is, if he manages to avoid the cats.

And lucky you heard him, god still looking, I can't think of anymore places he could be..jeez. Only time will tell.

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

look UP too.

8. kriminaal

Depending on how big he is I guess. Should be fine for a few weeks I would think.

9. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

You would be amazed at where they can go. We found 1 of our missing Corns inside a dresser drawer, and one of the sub-adult boas on the top shelf of the closet. Look where you LEAST expect them.

10. TheRoachRanch

TheRoachRanch Elite Member

Potential heat sources such as under refridgerators where the compressor is. Around the furnace, in or around baseboard heaters I've seen them in. Closets as previously mentioned are a favorite. If you have a rip in the upholstery UNDER the couch or recliner, they'll go right inside there. My guess is that he didn't get too far from where you last saw him.

Good Luck! Let us know if you find him.

-Ian

11. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

I will be sure to let you know, I have currently turned down the temperature in the house a little bit and put a heat lamp downstairs with a hide and water underneath, and one on the middle level with hide and water. I will pt lines of flour at doorways to see where he goes..if he goes anywhere at all.

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Put the flour around the bases of the walls.

13. IguanaMom

IguanaMom Elite Member

I just saw this post, Wow Id be a mess if my Ig did that but she has hidden really well from me in her/our bedroom a few times & I tell you I can only imagine how you must feel! I nearly passed out when it took me a couple hours of looking & the whole time she was under a bunch of junk in my closet! She had managed to slide the door back enough to squeeze in & burried herself in some clothes & misc stuff! She had the most proud look on her face when I did find her it was almost like she was having a blast watching me & listening me call her name! I coulda killed her! Just kissed her to death then scolded her.

So have you found it yet? I hope you do!!

Nat & LaLA

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

any of the times we have had escapes, we have gotten lucky, and found the snake within minutes, but we also live in a confined apartment - not many places to go!

Once, my boyfriend's boa escaped, back when he was living with his mom, and it was sometime during the night. She rose early, and started fumbling around for clothing, and found the snake before anybody knew it was missing. It had crawled into a basket full of clean laundry, and made itself at home in there...

Also keep in mind the snake may not go to a heated area if it is out in the open. Have you tried for example, sliding a heat mat under a piece of furniture, of placing a lamp over a good hiding place?

I hope you find him/her soon.

15. NowAndNever91

NowAndNever91 Elite Member

Hmmmm.... tough one. I dont Have a snake, but Kenman is right look for him where you least expect him. I hope you find him though, good luck.

16. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Scary! When Maru got out she just curled up with Nathan in bed! I hope you find your baby! :(

17. Uamenti09

Uamenti09 Elite Member

I lost my snake today...searched the whole house everything possibly place..then I go back to the room he was and hes curled up right next to my monitors enclosure.ha! he was under a tv stand which I didnt know even had a backing like it does

18. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

I am not so fortunate, I have a backsplit, so my house has 4 levels, and unfortunately I have not found him yet. Nothing has worked, he has not gone to the heatlamps, nor have I seen a mark on the flour..kinda kills my hope that I will find him.

19. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

If you have an empty tank you could try putting a small live mouse in there and if the snake gets hungry it might go for the mouse. (not sure if it would work but it's worth a try in my opinion ;))

20. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Do not give up! It is amazing how long they can survive, especially if it not freezing cold where they are.

They will usually NOT venture far from where they were kept unless they are cold or very hungry.

Look behind the toilet in the bathroom. I found one of mine wrapped around the pipes under there.

Keep looking! And good luck.

Sometimes if you really want to find them you have to tear your house apart including the upholstered furniture, and any old machines/computers/cupboards must be turned inside out. Look in old boots, new boots, linen cupboards, tool cupboards.

I presume you already have searched in your clothes drier/washing machine/fridge/stove/anything electrical he may have got into. someone I know roasted his snake; someone else dried it along with the clothes in the drier. Not good.

Again, do not stop looking, he may be very much alive and very close by.