This Disappears When Logged In

Lost Interest n Spark

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Toadie78, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

I have like totally lost interest in my OFBT's and am trying to find a new home for them. Im not asking anything for them except to cover shipping unless you live locally.

contact me if your interested.

u will need your own tank and i have a filter ill sell if you need it.

2. deltro_star

deltro_star Elite Member

OK Im a little embarassed but what the heck...Whats an OFBT? Sorry If I sound ignorant.

3. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

Me too! I'm curious to know what that is.

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

OFBT= Oriental Fire-Bellied Toad (Bombina orientalis). Although pet stores often just call them fire-bellied toads, this really annoys me, cause there are several different species of fire-bellied toads, so I really wish they'd be more specific and include the oriental in front of the name.

Bud, one of my male OFBTs, just to show you what they look like.
    [​IMG]

For other herp acronyms and abbreviations, check out my site.
    http://www.freewebs.com/rodents2reptiles/terminology.htm

5. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

The petsmart near me where i got them, called them Oriental Fire-Bellied Toads. But yeah Matt you are most certainly right about that they shouldnt call them Fire bellied Toads a proper name is surely required.

6. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

Thanks furryscaly, your terminology page is amazing. I will refer to it often.

7. WingedWolf

WingedWolf Elite Member

Also, in order to determine whether you're local...we need to know where you are. :)
    If you were local to me, I would offer to take them--it's a long shot, though, I'm in Cheyenne, WY.

8. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

we arent local by any means WingedWolf im in North Attleboro, MA

But thats ok i think i have someone who will take them and its a friend so i can see them if i want which is even better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.