This Disappears When Logged In

Lost Book, an Urgent Call for Help

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by peter84jenkins, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter84jenkins

peter84jenkins Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for the sleuthing! It will have a dust jacket and it is covered in a thin clear plastic.
    Yeah, the book was only sold for a few years out of the serpentarium and is highly coveted these days.

Thanks

2. peter84jenkins

Well, UPS never showed up. I called twice today to confirm they were coming. Then My wife called, gave them the tracking number and was told they came at 6:45 pm. Thats a load of bull, I am sitting 15 ft from my door, have been all day and no one has shown up. Not a knock or a ring, nor the sound of a truck. So the driver lied! This is all a bit too suspicious to me!

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Very suspicious, I hate when people lie!:mad:

4. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Methinks the "Butler did it!!!!". Or in everyday English- I would be trying to find the driver for that day. I am quite sure you have already come to that conclusion also. Just putting 2+2 together and coming out with 5. As Merlin said, a surprising amount of stuff is "lost" from those trucks at any given moment. The driver could have just said the owner never picked it up or it went to an unoccupied address.

5. mld

The driver did it, in the truck, with the book!

6. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Or.... the driver's accomplice, in the building, with the book!
    Most often, someone has a buddy tip them off about a package from inside the building who does the sorting.

7. mld

Definitely sounds like an inside job!

8. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

oh, one more question -- is it a library copy? I don't think library copies are first editions (not even sure if there was a library copy of this book), but I think I saw mention of that in a listing.

9. peter84jenkins

Nope, it was one originally sold out of the serpentarium.

10. KristenNC

KristenNC Elite Member

I hope you'll find your book.

11. peter84jenkins

Good news all! My book has mysteriously made an appearance at UPS security and is being shipped back to me, at their expense ASAP. They offered no explanation as to how the book wound up out of the envelope. I am just happy to be getting this piece of herpetological history back. Thanks to all of those who offered advice and or kind words of support. I am thinking that the fact you couldn't google the title of that book without seeing my posts may have had something to do with it's mysterious return! If the Mods wish to do so, it would probably be ok to remove this thread so it isn't still floating around in cyber space. Thanks again!

12. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats! I am glad it turned out well for you. I will close the thread to prevent further discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.