This Disappears When Logged In

Loretta's Tank

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Rakoladycz, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Well i have gotten pictures of the tank i was working on and they arent of the greatest quality but just something to keep you occupied until i get better lighting :p

The background ins the styrofoam covered with mortar then painted the color "wet Coral" the plants are made up of spider grass and some vine and some of you may recognize the rock on the lower right side of the tank from her previous tank (i wanted to keep something in there that she would recognize. in the bottom left of the tank is a little cave and above that the spider grass. She camps up on top of the grass and right under it where it goes over her and it makes a little tunnel like thingy... Its kewl lol

On the right side above her old rock is that shelf like area and i put a little pet hut that i bought from the store there so she has a hide up there aswell.
    Before i put the hut there i thought she might layout in the light but she never did but im guessing that it is because its kinda open and then she doesnt normally come out until evening though.

Newer pictures will be posted soon enough

Attached Files:

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Looks good,,,,I love the spider plant

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Looks awesome. Great job. ;)

4. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Great job, is the plant real or fake?

5. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

it's fake, i thought about putting real but the last time i put real plants in her old tank she kept uprooting them

Thanks for the replies guys and gals

6. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Great job! Looks nice! :)

7. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

supr, I got some mortar on the way in the mail. I was wondering if you could walk me through how you did your set up.

Im gonna use expanding foam, wire mesh, silicone, sand, and paint. I was just wondering if you had any pointers.

8. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Hey CF.....I love your signature,,,,my wife says that's the only reason I go fishing so much,,,,,,I always get more buzz than fish

9. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Sure Chronic i have no problems giving you some pointers

Are you making the tank completely from scratch? or using something you already have made/bought? PM me and ill help ya from there

10. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

supr, Ill put something together tonight, thanks bro.

ken, until recently i've definately been catching more buzz, but now the weather is cooler hopefully it will be more fish :D

11. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Cool Tank! She will be happy in there! :)

12. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks great

Very very nice!!I thought about using mortar for my background: I think it would be easier to sculpt and be more stable: but I also wanted something lightweight (as my terrarium is made of plexiglass/glass).
    My backdrop is only about an inch thick and fairly flexible (I was able to make it in one piece 5ft long x 4ft high) out of construction foam over polyester mosquito netting. I had to screw it to the back of the tank so that it didn't sag. The advantage is that it is easy to wash off/sterilize if need be.
    I like that yours has more structure to it... another level, etc. I'd love to somehow create a second storey in mine --or at least a ledge. (make more use of the vertical space!)
    My BRB doesn't seem to hang out on the branch much, but I'd like to give her the opportunity to be comfortably higher up if she wanted to.
    Send more pics of yours when you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.