This Disappears When Logged In

Looking for Mexican Rosy Boa

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by bloodraven, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodraven

bloodraven Elite Member

Hello. I am usually on the Water Dragon forums, but decided to head over here and see whats up. My fiance has been wanting a Mexican Rosy for years, and she has studied up on them quite a lot, just never had the money when she found one for sale. So, I have been hunting to get her one for Christmas. We currently have plenty of herps, so we know what we are doing with them. I would prefer a baby, but an adult would be fine. Anyone know where to get one? I would prefer a local breeder or pet store or something, but they are hard to find. I live in the Lower WI/Northern IL area. I know I could check the herp shows, but I always have to work on those days. If I can't, I will ship. I did talk to a breeder of them, but he won't feed F/T, and I didn't want to buy from him basically just because of that. Sorry, I'm spiteful, heh.

Anyway, any ideas?

2. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

I myself have a Mexican Rosy that I found in a pet store I used to work at. I've had him for over 4 years and he is the only Mexican that I have seen around here in that time span, I guess they really are hard to find.

As far as the breeder not feeding frozen/thawed, that's okay. I switched all three of my snakes over to frozen/thawed, Rosy boa included. Most snakes will switch with ease. :)

3. RockRatt

RockRatt Member

I am not sure of a local breeder close to you but I would suggest you check with Jerry Hartley, he has his own website LocalityRosys.com

I know another breeder that is a friend of his bred a few different locality mexican Rosies this year. She has also posted here is her post kingsnake.com Classifieds

I know they are not local to you but they are great people. On the first site there have been a few people who post on the forums live closer to you, at least on the east coast or so.

The second link you could email her to see what she has available. I know the pics she has is of the dark striped rosies but I think she had other localities that are the brick red colored stripes too. Hope you have some luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.