This Disappears When Logged In

Looking for Local Leopard Gecko Breeders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NomasaurusRex, Aug 8, 2014.

1. NomasaurusRex

NomasaurusRex Member

I've searched multiple sites and haven't been able to find breeders within a 2 hour drive of me. I live in a state in the midwest (I'd pref not to put out my exact state publicly), and I've looked at about 3 or 4 sites that have breeders. I was looking at Reptmart after my breeder search failed, but I'm wary about it. I'd rather them than a pet store, they seem relatively okay, but idealy I'd like a breeder, so I can maybe look at some pics and can feel a bit safer with my purchase? The only particular things I'm looking for is young, less than a year maybe? And when my tile comes in I can send pics of the set up I'll have if you'd like that.

So if you're in the midwest and are a breeder with relatively young geckos, could you PM me? I'll happily say my state there, just not out and about on a public forum. Doesn't really hurt to be safe.

Also, if you have another site that has breeders in NE, IA, KS, MO, etc. I would be also happy with links.

(also, if this is in the wrong part of the forum please let me know, I'm still kind of unsure where to post things)

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Have you tried the local "Craigslist"?
    Also you might try and locate a local Herp Society. They generally have a good feel for what is in the area.

3. NomasaurusRex

NomasaurusRex Member

Ah, yes. I've tried both. The Herp Society in my area hasn't replied to my emails and its been 2 weeks now. There was only 1 craigslist ad for a gecko and it was for a really ill little guy and I can't really afford the medicine + vet bills he would need till next month and from the shape he looked to be in I don't think he'd survive that long. I'll have to keep checking Craigslist though.

4. Merlin

You might also do a search for "reptile expo" in your state. There are usually a number of breeders around.

5. NomasaurusRex

NomasaurusRex Member

Oh, yes. Looks like they'll be having one in October. I guess I'll have to wait a little while

6. Merlin

That will give you time to get everything set up and running correctly before you bring one home.