This Disappears When Logged In

Look what I found!

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Dragoness, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I don't normally EVER look at Craigslist. Someone on HC mentioned it in another post, and I looked, mostly just to see.

found a piebald Ball python for $300. I just arranged to pick him up tonight around 9:00pm.

I called my mom to let her know, because we have been wanting to breed pieds for a long time now. At which point she asked me "If I buy it, can it live at your house?"

She really wants a ball python, but husband says no, so I told her years ago if she found one she liked, it could live at my place, and she can visit anytime, since she only lives a mile away.

So I will be doing his care, feeding, etc, but she is buying it. Sound's like a win/win to me.

No age given, but I'll ask when I get it. Unsexed, but I'm fine with either gender.

Here is the pic of it from the post.

pied.jpg

Jflores likes this.
  2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Oh, that is nice. Medium white, and just a wild stab based on how slender it is, gonna say male, but it could just as easily be an underfed female. Either way that's a nice pickup.

3. lizardhoarder139

lizardhoarder139 Elite Member

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I'm of the same mind. It may be time to learn how to probe my snakes.

I have a male Het, but if this is male, I have a female normal. If I bred this snake to the female, in a couple years, I'd have het females to work with.

If this is a female, all I need to do is fatten her up, and let her have a sleepover with my het male.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Taylor is this weekend, if you have it by then I could do that for you, or I know someone who could.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I picked up the snake. Will have pics tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have to work a double this Saturday. Not critical, it can wait, lol.

He (large spurs, so that's my assumption for the moment) is a young one, much smaller than the pictures implied. A little underweight, and with some stuck shed, but nothing some TLC can't fix.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

As promised: he is a little thin, and has some stuck shed, but he does not have any signs of mites, and RI, or any other problems. Will be watching him closely, and fattening him up.

Still not set on gender, but guessing male. Pied2.JPG pied1.jpg

Lizz likes this.
  8. lizardhoarder139

lizardhoarder139 Elite Member

Wow he is gorgeous.

9. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Very nice, and he's only a bit underweight,so it shouldn't take too long.

10. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Nice find. Always like them, so unique.

11. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

He eats without fuss. Was previously being fed live, but when I gave him 2 F/T mice, he didn't hesitate.

I gotta pick up some small rats at the next show for this guy.

12. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

He's fabulous!!!

13. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats!

14. Lizz

Lizz Well-Known Member

What a beautiful little guy. Great find.
    You lucky duck.