This Disappears When Logged In

Look at This!!!!

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by jdandlucy, Feb 14, 2013.

1. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

2. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

I will be going to look at this snake tomorrow. More that likely will be bringing her home. I talked to the owner and got some info about her. My only concern at this moment is the feeding of mice to a 6' snake. Going on the info I got from the owner she should be big enough for rats

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Once she get's hungry she'll take rats no problem. About a medium rat I would say. nice find :)

4. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

the snake looks to be irian jaya/west papuan

5. Releep

Releep Elite Member

I have a 5 to 6 ft jungle that I'm barely starting to feed med rats to. That carpet should be eating small rats at least.
    Hopefully she will be like my carpet and take anything you put in front of her.

6. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

i have no trouble getting snakes to eat. the magic of a bit of chicken broth on the fur do wonders. i will be starting my rat breeding soon so at least i will be able to save some on the cost. my wife is already wanting to get a male carpet at repticon in march. just dont know what type to get for breeding.

i am trying to find a care sheet for these guys but HC dont have one. do you know of one that is not part of another fourm

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

My carpet was picky about the switch to rats - it took a bit of work, but it was certainly do-able. I started out by rinsing his mice really well, and rubbing them with a rat, so they picked up the scent he wanted. Now he eats medium rats without hesitation.

8. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

i will be leaving to go look at the snake in an hour, trying to get everything set up in case we do get her. i have the mice moved in to a bin, cleaned the 20gal tank for quarantine in the other room. i now know how wyldrose felt a few weeks ago when she got her mojo. will be getting some rats today also to start breeding them.

9. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

post pictues. it may help you in the long run to find out when she has eaten last. etc. good luck. its so exciting going to pick up a new animal.

10. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

i will find out when the last feeding, poop, and shed was. i will do a mite check with a damp paper towel before i buy the snake. i wish i knew how to pop sex a snake so i can be sure that she is a she. when we got our ball python we where told it was a female but a buddy of mine pop sexed her and low and behold it is a male. pics will be up as soon as i get home

11. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

12. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

She's very cute.

13. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

ty. have already seen the bad side of her. lol luckily she missed