This Disappears When Logged In

Look at them now!

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by Bitis Gabonica, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

For those of us not fortunate enough to have these readily available I found this site

http://www.natpestco.com

However I was told during a phone conversation with an old buyer that most of the eggs are harvested from the wild. They only have the praying mantis though, but 7.50 for 3000, you cant beat that.

2. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I wish they'd tell you what species they are though. They just say "praying mantis". There's a lot of different species of mantids from all over the world, it'd be nice to know if they're native or not. Those ones seem like they'd be different then the ones sold at the local garden shop back home though. There you bought a container that had 2 oothecas inside, each containing about 150 eggs or so, not 3,000. The oothecas were about the size of a Riesen candy. lol, sorry, but its about the same size and shape, so its the first thing I thought of to compare it too.

3. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

I recently caught a brown one a couple months ago. Kept it in a 10 gallon. Do they all really eat the back first? Because right away I had a mealworm in the tank and it ate only the meal worm's face! The meal worm was still alive for awhile too!

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Usually they eat them from the rear to the head, but maybe it couldn't tell which end was which considering the shape of a mealworm and the size of the mantids brain :rolleyes:

5. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

It also ****ed the juices out of the cricket and left it laying on the ground after that.

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

the pics are great. i love the second one the best. such a beautiful one. they are very cool creatures. glad you shared the pics. i remember seeing them before. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.