This Disappears When Logged In

Look at My Rare Jewel

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by Poison, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Poison

Poison Elite Member

2. NudistApple

NudistApple Well-Known Member

That is certainly a little tortoise! DT?

3. Poison

Poison Elite Member

i just realized i didn't say what kind of tort she was lol. shes a chaco tortoise

4. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

beautiful :x but, unfortunaltey, too expensive for mee lol.

5. Poison

Poison Elite Member

lol i actually got her for free.

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Very cute little fellow! You should post more pics more often

7. Poison

Poison Elite Member

thank you :). and i will try and do updates on her. and i actually thought she was a sulcata up in till yesterday when i was told she was a chaco tortoise and are very rare in captivity.

8. JoeyG

I like turtles and tortoises but it seems to me they need more space then I can give them. Much like I like dart frogs but I can't bring myself to take the big leap :)

9. Poison

Poison Elite Member

torts do need a lot of space. but darts not really a simple 20gallon would be fine they just like to have plases to hide while there moving. but they come out a lot so its not like you will never see them.

10. JoeyG

My trouble is setting up the whole enviorment. I've read up on them and having to provide everything for them to thrive seems like a lot of work to me. Snakes are easy, once you set them up they're low maintanence other then cleaning

11. Poison

Poison Elite Member

lol i think that a tree python is harder to care for but ive never had one but my atb is a little more picky on his set up

12. JoeyG

Yeah at first but chondros don't need little animals to clean up their cage nor do I need to grow my own feeders. Plus I'd end up with tons of flies escaping with my luck :) I use one of the control systems for my snake so I do nothing but check on them everyday. Everything is programed in :) I do mist but that's more fun because my daughter loves getting in on the spraying of water!

13. Poison

Poison Elite Member

i dont breed the fruit flies i buy colonies from pet stores that can last up to a month and spring tail. its much more easier then you think but i dont wanna force you on to getting something your not comfortable with but i just wanna let you know that your missing out :D

14. JoeyG

I do want some but it's still in my future plans :) I've been eyeing some other snakes actually since I lost one it opened up space and I got it past my better half so I'm moving fast before she knows what she agreed to >:) One day I'll have some darts though, then I'll be bugging you for more info

15. Poison

Poison Elite Member

haha what snakes?

16. leomastyx

leomastyx Member

I was in the process of setting up a dart terrarium. I had the tank, light, got all the wood, misting system, etc. Right before I started buying plants I decided it would be too much work to constantly breed fruit flies to feed the frogs. Now I have all the stuff packed in the attic.

17. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Beautiful! One day I'll have a tort :)

18. Poison

Poison Elite Member

thank you:D torts have great personality's she comes to me when ever im out side she will just start scratching on the side of her enclosure (i like to think its cause she loves me lol but its probably for food)