This Disappears When Logged In

Longest Kingsnake?

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Makeda, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Your very welcome. It is how I measure my snakes. ;)

2. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

I've never heard of a Lampropeltis getula king reaching 8ft but if you're talking about the whole Lampropeltis genus and are including milk snakes then ya, the black milks and the andeans could reach that size. I've also heard of hondurans reaching 8ft also but I'm not 100% on that.

3. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I was so excited on Friday to measure Storm and look what she did to me. All the tickles in the world could not get her out of her tunnel.:rolleyes:

Image7.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    Image10.jpg

Typical!:p

Attached Files:

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

She's just camera shy!

5. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Ok she was out last night but laying in such a position that I could not get past her head. She lifted up and started hissing when I reached in - so I chose that it wasn't a good night to get tacked.:eek:

Image2a.jpg
    Then she dissapeared again into the top tunnel.:rolleyes:
    Image12.jpg

I thought that it might work if I measure the tiles that she was on and then use that in the program. I tried with two photos and got different measures but it was close enough.

20090309_125-1.jpg
    60.75 inches = 5.06 feet
    20090309_120-1.jpg
    62.69 inches = 5.22 feet
    Image11.jpg
    measuring the tiles

You think this method can be accurate as well? I can tell you that she has a 6 foot personality! I love her too pieces.:D

Attached Files:

6. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

the second reading is more accurate because it is more square I would still give a few inches though hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.